We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa del Sol/Marbella apartments

Which Marbella hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, California
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Costa del Sol/Marbella apartments

Hi,

I am going to Marbella with my boyfriend for a week in June and we are trying to book an apartment for the week. We are looking at 2 places and we are wanted to know if anyone knew anything about either complex. The first is in a small apartment in Miraflores resort and booking through a company called Vacasol. The second is in the development of La Reserva de Marbella(Phase 1).

Any insight would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,679 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa del Sol/Marbella apartments

Not heard of the La Reserva De Marbella but Miraflores is in the Sitio de Calahonda area which is about a 15-20 min drive from Marbella (its in between Fuengirola and Marbella). I've not stayed there but visit the area regularly. Miraflores is basically a timeshare resort with apartments that are rented out through various companies.There are, I think a couple of reviews on Miraflores but the individual apartments may not be reviewed.

Will you be hiring a car or be reliant on public transport and what sort of things are you looking to do. There are no clubs as such in the Miraflores area but there are several bars near by plus more up at the main strip in Calahonda. Heres' a link to a previous thread on Miraflores

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187438-i333-k62…

Have a look at the reviews section of TA and see the reviews of both resorts.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,606 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa del Sol/Marbella apartments

The problem is that a rather large area is termed Marbella and it seems like they are both a long way out of Marbella, so unless you want to drive everywhere they are not ideal.

If you'd rather be in town, have a look at Skol Apts and the Aparthotel Puerta Azul next door. These are right in town, right on the beach and an easy walk everywhere.

Dublin, California
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa del Sol/Marbella apartments

We are renting a car so we dont mind driving. We more just wanted to know about the complexes themselves. We have no problem being about 20mins away from city centre as we just want a relaxing week by the pool and in the apartment so it is important to us that it is a nice development.

Thanks for your replies

Scotland
Level Contributor
324 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costa del Sol/Marbella apartments

Have a look at the Mediterraneneo apartments right on the beach front

Wokingham
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Costa del Sol/Marbella apartments

La Reserva de Marbella is a development of residential apartments, some of which are rented out. It is in the district of Marbella between Cabopino marina and Elviria. It is close to the coast and nearer to Marbella than Miraflores, being some six miles to the east of Marbella Town. There is a lot to do in the area, although a car is advisable to get the best from the area.

UK
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Costa del Sol/Marbella apartments

Forgot to mention we would like to be central marbella as my boys wants to go and see englishmobilemachanics they are big fans of the show so we said we would pop there for a visit

Edited: 09 May 2013, 20:29
7. Re: Costa del Sol/Marbella apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2014, 07:17