We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 middle aged modern ladies

Yarm, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
145 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
2 middle aged modern ladies

Hi all,Can anyone suggest Hotel/apartments to stay central and near the beach for August,We are looking Marbella but quite frankly open to suggestions (We love to go out and have good time but dont want millions of teenagers etc!)

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Marbella
Marbella
Costa del Sol, Spain
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
29,895 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 middle aged modern ladies

This one would fit the bill.

www.apartamentos-mediterraneo.com/

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
7,138 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 middle aged modern ladies

Skol Apartments are often recommended on this forum. Their location is first class, right on the seafront, which is very pleasant lots of bars and restaurants, and a short walk to the main street and the very pretty old town for nice shopping and entertainment. Marbella is a good choice for you age group!!

- http://www.skolapartmentsmarbella.com/

Right next door, is the Aparthotel Puerta Azul. My review - tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g187439-d5…

There are lots of nice, central hotels too, but it depends on your budget. Hotel Fuerte is often mentioned.

Mentioned in this post
Marbella
Marbella
Costa del Sol, Spain
Yarm, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
145 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 middle aged modern ladies

Will check them out

Thanks very much.Appreciated

London
Level Contributor
472 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 middle aged modern ladies

For a great selection of centrally located apartments (including some in the fantastic Skol Building) take a look at the Linglyn Travel website. I have rented really wonderful and affordable apartments through them for years so I can recommend them with confidence. My favourite apartment is actually in the Parque Building just across the way from the Skol, and both are ideally situated for the supermarket to stock up on groceries and the Paseo Maritimo the palm tree lined walkway that goes all the way along the seafront from Marbella Town to Puerto Banus. Along the seafront are fantastic restaurants, bars and shops and its only about a 10 minute leisurely walk to the charming Old Town with its little winding cobbled streets, cosy bistros and cute shops selling all manner of things from white linen clothes to gorgeous glassware and china.

Mentioned in this post
Marbella
Marbella
Costa del Sol, Spain
Puerto Banus
Puerto Banus
Marbella, Spain
5. Re: 2 middle aged modern ladies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 April 2013, 10:20
London
Level Contributor
472 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 middle aged modern ladies

Sorry, I seem to have posted the same suggestion twice, and can't delete the second one for some reason!

Yarm, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
145 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 middle aged modern ladies

Many thanks

Will check out

manchester
Level Contributor
14 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 middle aged modern ladies

Marbella is full of wanabee cockney gangsters. Believe it or not try Magaluf in sept, plaza bar is aged 40 t0 50 year olds, me and twenty of my friends go every sept. Brilliant

Mentioned in this post
Marbella
Marbella
Costa del Sol, Spain
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,895 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 middle aged modern ladies

Not sure what part of Marbella you've been to Manchester David but its not the Marbella I know. yes PB has a lot of TOWIE like young people these days, but Marbella town itself is lovely and certainly not as you suggest full of cockney gangsters!

Marbella is a great place and I'd recommend it to Melrose as a place to go, the old town has lots of lovely bars and restaurants and the paseo is clean, a great selection of beachside restaurants and bars too.

Melrose - you could also look at the La Carihuela area of Torremolinos, very Spanish, great beach bars and restaurants, lovely beach and the paseo stretches to Torremolinos in one direction and Benalmadena Marina in the other so you could have the best of all worlds.

Mentioned in this post
Marbella
Marbella
Costa del Sol, Spain
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
La Carihuela
La Carihuela
2,931 Reviews
Torremolinos, Spain
Torremolinos
Torremolinos
Costa del Sol, Spain
Benalmadena
Benalmadena
Costa del Sol, Spain
Scotland
Level Contributor
324 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 middle aged modern ladies

We have stayed in the Mediterraneo apartments for the past six years. We love them. The location cannot be beaten. Right on the beach. They are pretty basic but always clean. Centre for many good restaurants and bars. Pb is only a five minute taxi ride away if you want the nightlife