We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon

Which Marbella hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon

Hello everyone :)

I'm going to Marbella for 4 days (beginning of September) for my honeymoon:) We are looking for great beaches (I'm a beach lover) in the morning & a cool night life at night; walking around in famous areas, nice restaurants, having drinks somewhere nice. Can some one please suggest how to fully utilize those 4 days? Also if u can suggest a nice hotel with a good beach. Thanks alot!!

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,610 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon

Hotel wise, I'd book this one.

www.melia.com/Spain-Marbella

Seems to be a problem with the link, best just google Don Pepe.

Edited: 03 May 2013, 22:06
Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,859 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon

If you like the look of it on www.melia.com sign up to the rewards program for automatic discounts.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,578 posts
3,576 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon

Maroz:

The two best hotels downtown by the beach are the Hotel Fuerte and the Melia Don Pepe. In between both hotels is the very long paseo maritime where there are more than 50 restaurants and bars.

You can make a day trip to Puerto Banus to take a look at the port and expensive stores.

The hotels offer a day trip to Ronda, which is one of our best white towns to visit. Hemingway said it was the most romantic town in Spain. It has marvelous views.

I hope you have a happy marriage! Good luck to you!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,117 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon

To be honest if you are on your honeymoon and want to splurge why not booking the Marbella Club? It is arguably the most iconic hotel in Marbella, its beach club is great, and has a central location to both Marbella historic centre (which you should visit) and Puerto Banús for drinks and the like.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,768 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon

You'll find all you want - nice beaches, beautiful old town, bars and restaurants, etc if you stay right in the middle of Marbella. Be careful of hotels advertised as Maqrbella, which are really way out in the sticks and a bit of a pain as you can't just go for a stroll at night to lots of nice bars/ restaurants, etc.

Others have suggested nice hotels but it depends your budget, as some are expensive.

There are lots of noce day trips like Ronda, already mentioned, or Tarifa. If you stay in the middle of Marbella it is really easy - and cheap - to get the public buses to see places instead of expensive tours.

Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon

Thanks so much for the advice:) really appreciate ur help!

Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon

I liked both don pepe & Marbella club:) how about marriott's beach resort? Is it in the middle? I'm only concerned about the location as everything else there looks very good

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,768 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon

No, Marriott beach resort is out in Elvira- a 15 min drive from the centre of Marbella. - have a look on google map.

That's what I was warning about, so many hotels are advertised as Marbella, but they are miles out of town.

Edited: 04 May 2013, 22:39
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,117 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon

heidotheroad is right about that; Marbella is very spread out and you should very carefully choose where to stay, specially if you won't be having a car.

I once took my wife to La Villa Marbella for one of our anniversaries. It was -and still is- the first ranked hotel here on the Marbella hotel section, and I was curious as to why (I am always a bit cynical). It turned out to be a great little place ducked in Marbella historic centre alleys (which in itself is a great place to stay, and very romantic). You could also give a look to it (take into consideration though that it isn't a hotel as such, but a collection of very nicely appointed apartments/rooms with limited facilities).

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,768 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon

I've not stayed in La Villa Marbella but have always thought it looks really lovely and the location is great. The only thing that might put me off slightly is that most of the rooms don't have a private balcony - and I really love being able to sit out with my first coffee in the morning - and my last wine in the evening!!