We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Faro Inn or EL Rodeo Hotel in Marbella?

Ireland
Level Contributor
125 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
El Faro Inn or EL Rodeo Hotel in Marbella?

Hi there,

Hubby & I have narrowed our accommodation down to El Faro Inn or EL Rodeo hotel in Marbella for end of June/early July. Which is in quieter location for the beach and for Orange Square/Old Town? I am not a good sleeper & street noise would be not suit... Any numbers for quiet rooms with nice views for either hotel would be great. Which has the better terrace & pool? Is the top of the pool on the rooftop in El Rodeo pulled away for the summer? is there any other place to sit outside & enjoy a drink apart from the rooftop pool in El Rodeo? Is there access to a bar from both pools in both hotels? Any names of good restaurants/music bars also Spanish flamingo/ shows nearby would be appreciated…

Thanks again for all the advice...

eiram

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,908 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Faro Inn or EL Rodeo Hotel in Marbella?

Chances of finding someone here who can answer such specific questions for both hotels is slim but you can probably find the answers by reading reviews on TA or booking.com

Probably best to take earplugs, too, just in case!

Better book soon, many of the hotels in your price range and location are sol out for end June on booking.com!

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,477 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: El Faro Inn or EL Rodeo Hotel in Marbella?

When my children come to visit they stay at the El Faro.

Home bar around the corner is convivial and this one has the best Guinness in town.

www.thecladdaghirishbar.com/

London
Level Contributor
468 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Faro Inn or EL Rodeo Hotel in Marbella?

Both of these hotels are in the centre of town, so bear in mind there will be usual town noise, people walking past or sitting outside cafe and bars, talking and laughing, delivery vans unloading to the shops and restaurants, rubbish bin removal and street cleaning etc. I'm very sensitive to noise and always wear wax ear plugs at night, and one of my pet hates is women click clacking about in high heels in the room or apartment upstairs! As all the floors are tiled in hot countries this is beyond annoying, and what with the doors slamming in the corridors as people come and go and then the maids moving the furniture about to clean the rooms in the mornings, I always have to book a top floor room or apartment to avoid this! I wish I could be more laid back and just go with the flow, my other half simply can't understand my irritation about this and can sleep pretty much through anything! So as Heidotheroad has suggested, arm yourself some wax earplugs and enjoy your holiday - hopefully you won't need them that often!

Ireland
Level Contributor
125 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Faro Inn or EL Rodeo Hotel in Marbella?

Thank you all for the replies. The bar around the Faro Inn with the best Guinness is noted... I hate ear plugs but I too am very sensitive to noise so I must get some.

Enjoy your travels this summer & P.G. I 'll have a good review of Marbella to post when we get back...

Regards:

eiram

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,908 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: El Faro Inn or EL Rodeo Hotel in Marbella?

If you don't fancy the ear plugs, you'll just have to desensitise yourself each night with the Guiness!

Have a lovely time!

6. Re: El Faro Inn or EL Rodeo Hotel in Marbella?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 06:16