We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marbella in August

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
25 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Marbella in August

Hi folks

After years of taking my two children around the Balearic's, my wife and I are going on holiday without them for the first time ( yes bliss ) . We want to go somewhere neither of us have been before , and Marbella in on our radar.

So the question is which part is best and any hotel recommendations will be great. We are both in our late forties and will have a bit more to spend on a hotel as i mentioned before no children .

Thanks .

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,646 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marbella in August

I like to stay in central Marbella, where its nice and east to walk along the paseo, the Old town and really easy to catch a bus to explore. There are many hotels labelled as Marbella, which are really miles out of town and really a pain, unless you don't mind driving every time you want to go anywhere, even out for dinner.That said, parking in the middle of town can be difficult!

Difficult to recommend a hotel without knowing what type of area you prefer and your budget.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
25 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marbella in August

Hi thanks for the reply

central and close to the beach would be ideal. we do a lot of walking but will not be driving.

As for the budget perhaps £1000- 1200 for 7nts either b&b or half board.

Thanks.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,646 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marbella in August

In that case, I'd suggest Aparthotel Puerta Azul - spot on for location! here's a review I did - tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g187439-d5…

Right next door are the Skol Apts, which are often recommended, too. Again these two can't be beaten for location and reasonable price.

Another well located one, maybe just slightly more expensive would be Hotel Fuerte on Av del Mar.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,662 posts
3,726 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marbella in August

Berwicker:

I too would recommend downtown Marbella. Marbella is a very long city that is about 30 km long. If you do not stay downtown, it will be a problem coming to downtown, unless you have a car. The buses from the coast are not frequent.

The paseo maritimo downtown has about 50 restaurants and bars.

Good hotels are El Fuerte and the Melia Don Pepe, both on the beach.

London
Level Contributor
472 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marbella in August

Berwicker

Take a look at the website for Linglyn Travel, I have rented through them for years as they have loads of smashing and very affordable apartments right in the center of Marbella town, and some are in the Skol Building as recommended by Heidotheroad which are fantastic. Near the beaches, shops, restaurants, supermarket and old town of Marbella they have an unbeatable location. They have lovely shared swimming pools downstairs in the gardens and everything you need is within walking distance. Des who runs the company is very helpful if you need any advice or to arrange transport from and back to the airport.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
25 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marbella in August

Thanks for all the replies , i have plenty to look at now.

Thanks again.

7. Re: Marbella in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2014, 06:17