We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elviria- what's it like?

Which Marbella hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Elviria- what's it like?

Hi,

I'm trying to decide which area to stay for a week. The Don Carlos, Marriott and Nikki beach seem to be in this area, but it seems a fair trek to Marbella, although we will be hiring a car.I'm also looking at Bahia de Marbella. Both these areas seem to be within easy drive of Malaga, hence my attraction. We would ideally like to be near a nice beach, not too far from Marbella town and it's restaurants, but easily accessible from the A7 and with place to park, preferably secure.

Any info on these areas or any alternate area near Marbella would be very welcome. I'm not too keen on PB as it is supposedly very busy, but how is the golden mile area?

Many thanks in advance.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,375 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elviria- what's it like?

Elviria is a fair way from Marbella Town (car or bus necessary). You need to be careful where you stay in somewhere like Elviria, make sure you check on a map, effectively it's bisected by the extremely busy road (busy day AND night) and if you're on the far side of the road you might as well be right up in the hills frankly.

The beaches along there are OK, don't expect much in the way of walk-to restaurants and bars, you'd need your car.

London
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Elviria- what's it like?

Thank you for your help!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,783 posts
3,570 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elviria- what's it like?

travelbug:

The Golden Mile has some of Marbella's most expensive hotels like the Marbella Club and Puente Romano Hotel. Not too far from downtown Marbella.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,730 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Elviria- what's it like?

Personally, I'd prefer the Golden Mile but it still means you'll have to take the car almost everywhere- even out to dinner!

As already mentioned, check the exact location of your choice very carefully, many are labelled very loosely, and its easy to end up more isolated then you wish.

The upside is that parking will be easier than in many places in town, unless the let has dedicated parking).

Marbella, Spain
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Elviria- what's it like?

Elviria is an really nice place to stay and does have a lot to offer in way of eateries and good quality accommodation, and although there is the beach side and mountain side they really aren't that far a distance apart. The beaches and chiringuitos are fabulous

Bahia is maybe 5-8 mins further along the A7 towards Marbella, but I am not familiar with bars and restaurants etc in that area, however I have lived in Elviria for 8 years

It really depends on whether you are a couple or family, like sight-seeing or chillin by the pool/beach

You can drive and be parked in Marbella centre within 15-20 minutes (well I can anyway)

Haven't parked up for a while so can't give you prices, but there are new -ish Blue Zone metres that I recall being quite cheap approx 40 cents for 30mins

Buses (the 220) are around 1.50€ each way and there are several stops near Elviria

Malaga is a good 30 mins away (if you know where you are going), although recently I approached it from a different direction and got lost!

London
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Elviria- what's it like?

Thank you so much for the info!

London
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Elviria- what's it like?

Thank you so much for the info!

london
Level Contributor
2 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Elviria- what's it like?

If you have a car it might be better staying 5 minutes from the beach by the golf courses in Elviria where it is quieter.

The apartments are never over busy and our one has lovely large swimming pools and beautiful grounds.

To drive to Marbella takes 15mins when I go, the bus takes 25 mins. There is also a new spa and health centre in the area with an affinity pool.

Sutton Coldfield...
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Elviria- what's it like?

Thanks that's really helpful information! Do the buses run throughout the day and into the evening? Also any idea of the price of a taxi to Marbella from Elivira?

Thanks again, great feedback!

10. Re: Elviria- what's it like?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Marbella