We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using another hotel's pool

Liverpool
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Topic
Using another hotel's pool

We are staying in the San Christobal next week and I've noticed that it hasn't got a pool.

Is it ok to use another hotels pool? I understand that they may want you to buy food/drink from the snack bar whilst there.

If it is acceptable, which would the closest hotel be? and how far away is it?

Thanks

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Using another hotel's pool

I doubt it very much as if everyone did that there would be no room for the "paying" guests :)

You will need to check Google Maps to see which Hotels are nearest and contact them directly to ask them, but this seems to have stopped happening quite some time ago!!

CB

London
Level Contributor
468 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Using another hotel's pool

You are not far from the beaches and the Paseo Maritimo with lots of lovely bars and cafes, and there are plenty of beach clubs renting out sunloungers and parasols if you don't want to sit on the sand and would like some shade. Some are more luxe than others and all will have their tariffs displayed. The Paseo goes all the way along to Puerto Banus, about an hour and a half walk, so there's plenty of beach to choose from no matter how busy Marbella is. As Cheekybadger has said, most hotels unless you are paying for a rather expensive lunch at say ,The Marbella Club, they probably wouldn't be accomodating especially in high season to non resident guests using the swimming pools. My favourite bit of beach is in between The Marbella Club and Punte Romano Hotels, as its kept very well and there wasn't too many pebbles and stones in the sea, well there wasn't last year - but lots of jellyfish along the coastine though, which was infuriating!

There are showers on the beaches to rinse off salt and sand, and you get snacks and drinks from the cafes, so its all very pleasant. Have a lovely holiday!

Edited: 05 June 2013, 15:15
Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,839 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Using another hotel's pool

I don't really think it would be acceptable to use another hotels pool. That was only ever acceptable where the hotels were part of the same group. To put it rather bluntly, if you want the facilities you have to pay form them by staying there - sorry!

The beach is good, as already mentioned, or you could pay for a day at on eof the very expensice beach clubs.

I did once hear that there is a hotel which allows day visitors to the pool gym but it was very expensive. It might have been the Fuerte but I really can't remember for sure. No mention on their website but you could email them and ask.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,449 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Using another hotel's pool

Silent:

I do not know of any hotels that allow visitors from other hotels to use their pool.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Using another hotel's pool

No worries, the beach it is then.

I'm more used to Greece where it is readily acceptable as long as you buy your food and drink from their bar.

Spain is obviuosly different.

Thanks for your replies.

6. Re: Using another hotel's pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 05:16