We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Torremolinos, is Marbella worth a visit???

Which Marbella hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Isle of Man
Level Contributor
33 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Staying in Torremolinos, is Marbella worth a visit???

Im going to torremolinos with my girlfriend in July and was looking at booking a hotel mid week for a nice night out. We were looking at the Lima Hotel which seems central, but not sure if that is close to everything...bars..clubs etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,754 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Torremolinos, is Marbella worth a visit???

I think Marbella is worth a visit and you can easily get the bus from Torremolinos, would need to know where you are staying to advise which stop to get on at. As far as staying the night is concerned, I'd suggest you check the hotel in the review section and see if you can get a room for a night, as July is high season it may be difficult. Have a look in the top questions on the right hand side of the thread for things to see and do in the area.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Torremolinos, is Marbella worth a visit???

Hello fellow Manx person! The buses are easy to get and run often.

If you don't fancy going as far on the bus in the heat (July will be really HOT) then try Benalmadena for a change of scenery (part way to Marbella). Loads of bars and places to eat and a lovely marina.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,754 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in Torremolinos, is Marbella worth a visit???

Actually Lynz1A is right, in the heat the bus trip to Marbella could be very uncomfortable (no aircon!) as it takes a good 60-90mins from Torremolinos and the buses will be full of locals and tourists you might want to go very early in the morning before it gets too hot.

London
Level Contributor
464 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying in Torremolinos, is Marbella worth a visit???

If you are looking for a high octane clubbing atmosphere, then Puerto Banus is your place. Marbella itself, old town and new, is just the ticket for a romantic time with its lovely Paseo Maritmo with bars and restuarants overlooking the beach, or strolling around in the charming old town with its cosy bistros, and tapas bars. But if its clubbing you're after that rocks all night, you will be a little disappointed with Marbella town itself.

Edited: 11 June 2013, 11:12
Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
10,884 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying in Torremolinos, is Marbella worth a visit???

There is air con on all the buses even the local bus was on in May on all routes. The 320 goes from Torremolinos and takes an hour to the bus station.

The old town for a great lunch and then party until the early hours brings back memories.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,682 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying in Torremolinos, is Marbella worth a visit???

Yes, I'm sure all the buses I have been on have air con, and are very seldom very busy.

Kik, has it spot on, Marbella is by far the prettiest and has nice bars, restaurants and shops but go for Banus if you want a full on clubbing night.

I looked at the Lima once, location is good, and although not overly fancy, it seemed to be good value for money with pretty decent reviews.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,754 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying in Torremolinos, is Marbella worth a visit???

The local bus we last used (although it was 2 years ago!) only had windows to open, it was very hot and sticky and not very pleasant on a couple of trips! LOL!

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,685 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Staying in Torremolinos, is Marbella worth a visit???

The Lima has been here since before I first came down in the sixties. No pool though.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
10,884 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Staying in Torremolinos, is Marbella worth a visit???

CJ all the express coaches are air con, i.e. Torremolinos/Marbella.

Spend over 100 euros (all at 1 euro per fare) on local buses in the recent 6 weeks, all aircon, I am sure there is still the odd old bus about without air con, but they are very few and far apart and I think just used when maintenance issues apply.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,754 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Staying in Torremolinos, is Marbella worth a visit???

That's good Ian as we're going to use the bus at least once when we're away in September.