We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marbella or Tenerife

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Marbella or Tenerife

I would like people's advise, we are a couple in our 30's...looking to go somewhere hot in late april, I was looking at either Marbella or Tenerife. Wanted somewhere with nice beach for sunbathing and close to restaurants and bars with entertainment. Are these resorts quiet in late April and also is the weather better in Tenerife this time of year. Any suggestions would be very welcome, for resorts & hotels...price range about €900 per person for 7 nights.

Coin, Spain
Level Contributor
581 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marbella or Tenerife

Marbella and the entire Costa del Sol is very nice in he spring, varm and nice wheater and still not crowded with tourists (but not empty).

megafon.net/en/costa-del-sol/marbella.html

Take also a look at these pictures:

pinterest.com/jonnyx1/costa-del-sol-spain/

and

www.pinterest.com/jonnyx1/in-rural-spain/

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,694 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marbella or Tenerife

Been to both Marbella and Tenerife, love them both! Shorter flight to Marbella but I'm off to Tenerife at the end of March and really looking forward to it.

I guess its really up to you to have a look at all the options in both places, have a look on the review section for hotels and the top questions in the column on the right of the forum for things to do and see. Whichever place you decide on I know you will have a great time.

London
Level Contributor
472 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marbella or Tenerife

Like Ceejay, I like both, and although the flight time is so much shorter to Marbella, I can recommend the Jardines de Nivaria in Costa Adeje in Tenerife. It really has the most splendid tropical gardens and swimming pools, situated on a lovely prom, turn left at the garden gate for a plethora of affordable restaurants and bars or turn right for the more upscale and expensive area around the Bahia del Duque Hotel. And the beach in this bay is more attractive in my opinion, but all the beaches seem to be very popular!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Marbella or Tenerife

Thanks everyone, I have booked Feurte Miramar Hotel in Marbella on a half board basis with sea view, has anyone stayed here and what do they think, also has anyone any information on hot air balloon rides in the Marbella area?

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,571 posts
3,726 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marbella or Tenerife

Therese:

El Fuerte Hotel is one of the best hotels in Marbella downtown. It is by the beach and the paseo maritimo.

Here is a restaurant recommendation (moderately priced) for the paseo maritimo:

http://www.restaurantelabarca.com/

I have never heard of balloon rides in Marbella.

I suggest a day trip to Ronda. You can book this at your hotel.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Marbella or Tenerife

Thanks Benny....good to know I haven't booked a white elephant !!

Will look at Ronda thanks for the tip.

Thanks for the restaurant tip too..

7. Re: Marbella or Tenerife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2015, 05:18