We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AGP airport to Iberostar hotel - best method?

Which Marbella hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
227 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
AGP airport to Iberostar hotel - best method?

Excited to finally get to see Marbella but what is the best way to get to my hotel (Iberostar) from the AGP airport? I speak the language so not too tough to ask around once there buy I want to have all that buttoned up before I get there. I have found the following tips on this forum:

1. shuttledirect.com for a shared shuttle or private car

2. taxi (expensive)

3. bus to the center of Marbella then taxi to hotel

Many of these tips were somewhat dated and am curious to know if these are still valid or are there better ways of getting me to my hotel. Im landing at AGP at approx 1:45p from Barcelona

Thanks in advance

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,735 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: AGP airport to Iberostar hotel - best method?

Not sure, I'd classify your hotel as Marbella.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
227 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AGP airport to Iberostar hotel - best method?

What province or city would the Iberostar hotel be located in?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AGP airport to Iberostar hotel - best method?

armand:

Take the bus at the Malaga Airport to Marbella, which will leave you downtown. Then take a taxi to your hotel.

http://www.malagaairport.eu/buses.php

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
227 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AGP airport to Iberostar hotel - best method?

Thank you Benny, I think I will. I would like to meet people and get a better sense of how life is in Marbella and i believe taking a taxi all the way from the airport would isolate me from that experience. After flying in from Los Angeles what's another hour on a bus.

5. Re: AGP airport to Iberostar hotel - best method?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 05:19