We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Excursions

Hi I was wondering if you could help? Me and my boyfriend are thinking of coming to Marbella in June for a week and staying at the peurto azul apartments. We are 22 and want a location close to nightlife but nothing to crazy and close to shops would this be good or which others could you advise?

Also what day trips could we do while there and how would we go about booking when we arrive.

Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Marbella
Marbella
Costa del Sol, Spain
Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
7,275 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions

Puerta Azul is a great location, right on the beach and paseo with loads of bars and restaurants, 10 min walk to old town for more. Close to bus route on Av Ricardo Soranio if you want to take the bus to P Banus.

Excellent and cheap buses are cheapest way to do day trips - see English tab on avanzabus website for all bus routes. Consider Malaga, Ronda, Granada (might be better overnight)' Tarifa, Estapona for starters.

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Ronda
Ronda
Costa del Sol, Spain
Granada
Granada
Province of Granada, Spain
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
66,375 posts
3,763 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions

Sez:

Ronda is a must see. Hemingway said it was the most romantic town in Spain.

www.andalucia.com/marbella/bus-station.htm

Edited: 12 March 2014, 05:03
Mentioned in this post
Ronda
Ronda
Costa del Sol, Spain
Spain
Spain
Europe
Seville, Spain
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions

Dear Sez91,

I think that Marbella can be a good location if you are thinking about having nightlife. If you want to visit Ronda you have differents posibilities by bus, hiring a car or you could contact the company Rondabou.com, perhaps they could pick you up in Mabella and later they could drop off.

Here I leave you different links that can be interesting for you.

turismoderonda.es/informacion/pdf/horarioaut…

www.sixt.es/alquiler-coches/espana/marbella

http://www.rondabout.com/en/

Best regards,

Jorge,

Mentioned in this post
Marbella
Marbella
Costa del Sol, Spain
Ronda
Ronda
Costa del Sol, Spain
Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions

What is the best way to get to Gibralta from Marbella? We are now thinking about staying at the Senator, would this be a good option?

Mentioned in this post
Marbella
Marbella
Costa del Sol, Spain
Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,712 posts
478 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions

thanks for the links

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,171 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excursions

The Senator is just by the fair and trade center, at the beginning of the so called "golden mile". It is a bit far away from both Marbella old town and Puerto Banús for a walk. I don't know how good the hotel facilities are, take a hint from reviews here on TripAdvisor.

As for day trips, I would also recommend Malaga city and Ronda; don't think you have time for more day trips. Gibraltar is a nice one, specially if you are British, but it is nowhere near the former in terms of interest.

Have fun.

Mentioned in this post
Marbella
Marbella
Costa del Sol, Spain
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Ronda
Ronda
Costa del Sol, Spain
7. Re: Excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2015, 06:16