We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Sol House for 3 weeks Feb.-Mar.?

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Sol House for 3 weeks Feb.-Mar.?

Looking at a half board tour. Stayed at Sol Principe last year and found dining room and common areas overcrowded and noisy as well as a bit removed from main shopping and restaurant area and don't want that experience again. It appears Sol House is in a better location with more space in common areas. Wonder if I'm right about that? Older travellers just looking for lowkey stay - to walk around a bit and take a few day tours.

Mentioned in this post
Sol Principe by Melia
Sol Principe by Melia
3,889 Reviews
Torremolinos, Spain
Hotel La Luna Blanca
Hotel La Luna Blanca
#1 of 71 hotels in Torremolinos
Hotel Tarik
Hotel Tarik
#2 of 71 hotels in Torremolinos
Melia Costa del Sol
Melia Costa del Sol
#8 of 71 hotels in Torremolinos
15 replies to this topic
scotland
Level Contributor
19,264 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Sol House for 3 weeks Feb.-Mar.?

Its called ...sol house costa del sol mixed by ibiza rocks ....!!! and near the Benalmadena Marina end here https://goo.gl/maps/wqJCCwcjTzF2

Mentioned in this post
Benalmadena
Benalmadena
Costa del Sol, Spain
Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,911 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Sol House for 3 weeks Feb.-Mar.?

The advantage of this hotel is it right on the paseo with flat access, Benalmadena marina is a 5 minute walk away and all the attractions of both Benalmadena and Torremolinos are to hand.

Your in the Montemar area of Torremolinos and for me a much better range of eating options on the door step compared to the Sol Principe.

There is a local bus service which has its terminus outside the hotel (L1), this is a circular service calling at Battery park, Montemar station and on a thursday Torremolinos market, in to the centre and then it runs all along the carihuela area.

The main road N340 is a 5 minute walk above your hotel for direct bus services to Fuengirola, mijas, Malaga, marbella etc.

Mentioned in this post
Benalmadena
Benalmadena
Costa del Sol, Spain
Torremolinos
Torremolinos
Costa del Sol, Spain
Sol Principe by Melia
Sol Principe by Melia
3,889 Reviews
Torremolinos, Spain
Fuengirola
Fuengirola
Costa del Sol, Spain
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Sol House for 3 weeks Feb.-Mar.?

It does sound like a better location. I did use the L1 and 2 buses last year which worked well. Trip last year included a number of day trips. Ones still to do for me are Ronda, Cordoba and Seville. Any thoughts about this Hotel? There is a 2 or 3 week option for the trip so still pondering that.

Mentioned in this post
Ronda
Ronda
Costa del Sol, Spain
Cordoba
Cordoba
Province of Cordoba, Spain
Seville
Seville
Province of Seville, Spain
scotland
Level Contributor
19,264 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Sol House for 3 weeks Feb.-Mar.?

By train Sevilla is 2½ hours journey time from Málaga María Zambrano ,Córdoba is les than 1 hour away from Málaga and Ronda is 2 hrs by train or bus from Malaga also .An option would be 2 weeks and split one week, Ronda 2 , Cordoba 1 and Seville 3.

Mentioned in this post
Ronda
Ronda
Costa del Sol, Spain
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Cordoba
Cordoba
Province of Cordoba, Spain
Seville
Seville
Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Sol House for 3 weeks Feb.-Mar.?

Trip is package with hotel so will likely stay put unless I do 1 overnight in Seville. I may go with bus tours to the 3. I realize Seville very long day. However some on trip last year did the 3 by day bus tour and enjoyed. I realize there's the hotel stops which didn't bother me on the Gibraltar one I did last year.

Mentioned in this post
Seville
Seville
scotland
Level Contributor
19,264 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Sol House for 3 weeks Feb.-Mar.?

A local company who get mentioned on TA often are https://www.rubensexcursions.com/

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Sol House for 3 weeks Feb.-Mar.?

They do have the excursions I'm imterested in. Interested in tour company which picks up near hotel.

scotland
Level Contributor
19,264 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Sol House for 3 weeks Feb.-Mar.?

The main road N340 is a 5 minute walk above your hotel , which might be a pick up point as the coach will come from Fuengirola -Benalmadena Torremolinos along that road ... you can ask the question by email ?

Mentioned in this post
Fuengirola
Fuengirola
Costa del Sol, Spain
Benalmadena
Benalmadena
Costa del Sol, Spain
Torremolinos
Torremolinos
Costa del Sol, Spain
Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Sol House for 3 weeks Feb.-Mar.?

Yes, I'm sure it would be a nearby pickup. I don't see any reviews for that tour company and any tour company reviews I seem to see on TA are iffy.

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,875 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Sol House for 3 weeks Feb.-Mar.?

From stays at the hotel formerly known as the Sol Aloha Puerto in the past I know it's a pleasing choice for American visitors at the time of year you mention .

Reply to: Hotel Sol House for 3 weeks Feb.-Mar.?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos