We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Circle Travel ???

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Providence, RI
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Grand Circle Travel ???

Anyone used this company and your experience??

Is there shopping nearby, open air markets, etc??

Also I am a middle aged female who will be traveling alone...is it safe to walk around and travel the area alone??? By the way I don't speak spanish and am not sure what problem that will cause.

Thanks for your help !!!!

London UK
Level Contributor
98 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Circle Travel ???

I dont know this company but I must reassure you about Torremolinos and its safe reputation .English is spoken everywhere you go. All shopkeepers.taxi drivers,hotel receptionists and the locals speak english quite well.

As for walking around alone you should havew no fears as the locals have a healthy respect for visitors and the local police dont stand for any bad behaviour on the streets of the town or on the beaches. The feeling of absoloute safety in the resort is quite refreshing to the average Londoner who usually feels uneasy in daylight let alone at night.

I visit torremilinos every 2 months and can state categorically that you can walk the streets at 3am and noone will bother you!!!

Enjoy

Olympia, Washington
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Circle Travel ???

Grand Circle has an excellent reputation and is very popular with school teachers. Tours are first rate and an excellent value for the money. I don't think that you will find a problem dealing with them. P.S. Their tours are very popular and often sell out. I would recommend that you finalize your plans ASAP. Have a great trip.

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Circle Travel ???

Grand Circle Travel just lost thier accredidation with the BBB becuase of unresolved problems with costomers. (Jan 2006) They have a terrible reputation for costomer service if you have a problem. They overbook and bump a lot of people to other dates. This may be way too late but not for new people looking back!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
447 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Circle Travel ???

My husband & I went to Torremolinos a year ago with Grand Circle. It was a wonderful experience. Grand Circle does a superb job. Their featured hotel, Bajondillo Apartments was OK. Some people like it for its hominess, but we prefer the Melia Costa del Sol or the Don Pablo, in the same area. They're more upscale. There's lots to see & do. The area is safe, but we did see some kids ride down the wide sidewalk along the beach & snatch a purse from an elderly lady. Just be careful & wear a purse with a long strap that you can put across your chest. Grand Circle attracts a very friendly, well-traveled clientele, mostly over 55.

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Circle Travel ???

We have just returned from 3 nights at the Hotel don Pablo in Torremolinos where we met many guests of Grand Circle Travel. Without exception they were all delighted with the service they were receiving from the company and the efficiency of the tour + couriers/guides.

We made friends with a trio from Boston who were thrilled with the tour in general - especially found the talks/seminars of great interest - and thought the Hotel Don Pablo excellent. We too thoroughly enjoyed the hotel - so much so that we are returning next week for another couple of nights.

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Circle Travel ???

Going back to Hotel Don Pablo on Monday for a couple of nights - only 1 hours drive from our place! Can´t wait to get back into the indoor pool! Will post any changes in our opinion when we return and will quiz Grand Circle guests re their opinions whilst we are there.

Wales
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Circle Travel ???

As posted above, it is generally quite safe in this area to walk around on your own, however I have heard of a few instances of thieves preying on tourists. My advice is to carry your valuables in a larger bag rather than a handbag which is easy to snatch and to just be aware of your surroundings as you would anywhere else.

Milwaukee, WI
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Circle Travel ???

casaianda, i will be comming down to torremolinos in june and am trying to find a place to stay that will be of a younger crowd as i am 21. Do you think the Don Pablo would be a good place for me and if so do they ave a website or how do you book with them. Also if you think this is not the place for me do you have any suggestions. thanks alot!