We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in october

england
8 posts
weather in october

a will be staying in san pedro in october and was just wondering what the weather would be like and also if there is anything to do there. booked it in a hurry and reallt didnt have time to ask. would be grateful for some info.

many thanks

Eastbourne, UK
Level Contributor
669 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: weather in october

We normally go to Marbella for the last two weeks in October and have always been lucky with the weather. You might get the occasional cloudy day and maybe even some rain but on the whole we have found the temperature in the 70s or low 80s with plenty of beach opportunities. I am not too familiar with San Pedro although I think there is a fiesta there during late October. We always hire a car to get about so that if the weather stops us going to the beach we can always go into Marbella/Puerto Banus/Fuengirola or off to Gibraltar for the day.

Bridgend,South Wales
Level Contributor
192 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: weather in october

the first time we went was middle of october and had all sun no rain at all

went in feb and only had one rainy day

fingers crossed for you : D

Bridgend,South Wales
Level Contributor
192 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: weather in october

first time we went was middle of october and was lovely and hot ,spent a few days on the rather busy beaches

went again in the following feb and only had one wet day

fingers crossed for you : D

Benalmadena, Spain
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: weather in october

Hi Jane

I live on the Costa Del Sol and would say that October is one of the best times of the year. The blistering heat of the summer has gone and it returns to a comfortable 70 - 80degrees...certainly warm enough for sunbathing and visits to the beach and pool.

You may find that some of the bars and restaurants have closed for the season but many remain open year round so you will never be short of somewhere to eat and drink. Some attractions may also be closed but still plenty to see and do. Most of the shops open year round, so no problem there.

HOpe you have a great time

Caroline:)

malaga spain
Level Contributor
561 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: weather in october

Hi Jane,

normally the weather is be fine, around 75 ish, although october we do get some rain, the thing is you just cant tell whats going to happen, it wont be cold anyway, you will need a jumper or jacket for night time, my parents come every oct, and have done for years, always the 3rd week, theyve had scorching weather, been on the beach and swam in the sea and then other years theyve had heavy heavy rain,

Just remember its the start of the rainy season, late sept early oct

saying that weve been on the beach many Nov 1st as its a bank holiday, fingers crossed, youll have a great time anyway

Amber