We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gibraltar Day Trip?

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
863 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Gibraltar Day Trip?

I have mixed reviews of this day trip from Torremolinos.

Can you comment? Did you enjoy it? Is it a must-see or not?

Thank you again!

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
196 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gibraltar Day Trip?

If you want to add another "country" to your itinery then go but there is not a lot to see and you will miss out on another location in Spain.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gibraltar Day Trip?

I agree with DB.. however it is very subjective. Presuming you have researched Gibraltar, does it tick the boxes of things you would like to see and do?

The tours are very good (costafrica etc), but some people returned thinking they wasted a day, others not so. It really depends what you like doing and if you think it will fit the bill.

For further threads on this topic, just use the search facility at the top of the forum page and type in Gibraltar Trip, this is a question that gets asked frequently.

Hope that helps

CB

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,884 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gibraltar Day Trip?

Maya, I have been a British Bulldog on this forum for years, championing Gibraltar almost every time it was talked down.

However, given how long it takes to get there from Torremolinos, and with Ronda, Granada, Seville, Mijas, Malaga, Puerto Banus and Marbella already on your tour list on a week-long holiday, I'll happily surrender to the opposition.

Yes, give it a miss!

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
863 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gibraltar Day Trip?

Thank you! I think I should see plenty of beautiful landscapes without this trip.

I appreciate your comments!

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
2,628 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gibraltar Day Trip?

Maya it does take ages to get there, then you have to queue for passport checks etc, and as mentioned there is not a lot to see, except the apes...we are some of the one's that wished we had not bothered..!

6. Re: Gibraltar Day Trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos