We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vomiting Bug

Scotland
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Vomiting Bug

We are due to holiday at the Sol Don Pablo next month and we are alarmed to read a recent review stating that a holidaymaker was 'hit' by the vomiting bug when staying at this Hotel..

Apparently, (according to the reviewer) , this bug is rife along the Costa.

If anyone has any further information on this subject. we would be very grateful to hear from you

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vomiting Bug

Hi there

Well i must say it's the first i have heard about anything and i live here and out and about everywhere. The reviewer says "the local Doctor said it's a problem along the costa"..hmmm, sounds to me like hearsay or they have been told by someone else that the Doctor had said it who in turn was probably told by someone else etc etc and so it goes on.

This is the first comment on this in the forums so far and i would have thought that if the story had any substance to it then others would be straight on here to speak about it in the last 3 weeks or so.

People for whatever reason LOVE a drama, something to gossip about - unless you hear more on this then i wouldn't worry about it.

CB

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vomiting Bug

We stay at the Dons on a regular basis and have never experienced any kind of bug. The restaurant - and bedroom - hygiene is excellent.

´Bugs´ occur at many hotels -not just in Spain - generally due to the poor hygiene of certain guests.

Observe general common sense hygiene rules, e.g. wash your hands before handling food, and you should have no problems.

You have made a very good choice in your holiday accommodation.

Edited: 27 May 2010, 20:33
Scotland
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vomiting Bug

Thanks to you both for your very prompt replies.

You have confirmed exactly what I thought , - if the situation was as reported , then why were there no other comments with regard to this outbreak ?

I am delighted to hear another opinion confirming the high caliber of this Hotel and after your confirmation that there is nothing to worry about we are looking forward to a having a great holiday.

Many many thanks.

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vomiting Bug

The severe vomiting/ diahorrea bug Norovirus is indeed rife [Doctors diagnosis] and was as far back as March , not in particular hotels but everywhere .

You're unlucky if you pick it up, lucky if you don't.

Edited: 06 June 2010, 14:22
Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vomiting Bug

Nora likes the cruise ships, and the AI complexes (which are effectively cruise ships on land) but there aren't any reports locally of her paying anyone a visit down here at the moment.

The TBC had an outbreak a year ago but that is long gone now.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Vomiting Bug

Well funnily enough i saw some of my friends last night (they were on a rare company night off haha) that work for a major holiday company servicing all the main Hotels in Torremolinos and Benalmadena and they all pretty much said there "was" a small bout of it, but it's all over and done with and some (mainly the medical authorities) were making something out of nothing - as per usual.

As i said, i live here, have done for a fair few years and due to the job i do probably have a circle of acquaintances bigger than most people. Nobody i know with the exception of the "reps" as mentioned above knows or knew anything about it!!!, So it does seem that it is all hot air...

Always best to come on here and get the first hand experience as you wisely have done @holidaymaker20, hopefully you can relax and look forward to your forthcoming holiday and put the scaremongers to the back of your mind :D

Enjoy.

CB ",)

Edited: 06 June 2010, 15:44
Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vomiting Bug

<that work for a major holiday company servicing all the main Hotels in Torremolinos and Benalmadena>

I think we need to know which one, so we know who it's 'safe' to book with...

;-)

Advantage Nadal...

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vomiting Bug

I don't come in here to scaremonger !

The Norovirus is rife , that was what the dr. told the people, friendsof mine, who came down with it in March and no I am not going to name the hotel. It's nothing to do with the hotels it speads , infected hand to anything hand touches.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vomiting Bug

<The Norovirus is rife>

Not here it ain't!

And March is quite a long time ago....

By not naming the hotel you tar everywhere with the same brush, which simply causes unnecessary worry to people who have spent their hard-earned booking a holiday that they are looking forward to.

If you wish to see how worrying unnecessary scaremongering can be to people simply scroll back through the Tenerife Forum.

On the cruise ships they invoke 'medical lockdown' which means everything is disinfected continuously and anyone with Nora is isolated. This is now the procedure if there is an outbreak on land, and tends to stop the spread almost immediately.

Now Wash Your Hands Please.

Edited: 06 June 2010, 17:30
Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vomiting Bug

Casamana - you may not mean to be a scaremonger but unsubstantiated posts about what friends may have been told several months ago does frighten people unneccesarily.