We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can you please confirm on the sickness bug june 6th 2010

england, uk
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
can you please confirm on the sickness bug june 6th 2010

can you please confirm to me about this sickness but,

i stayed down at don sol Pablo many times and have not

been ill, i have also stayed on this part of the coast line for many years.

I will be going in August this year and would like to know the out come of all this?

england, uk
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can you please confirm on the sickness bug june 6th 2010

can you please tell me, why is it that rumors like this get blown up to be made out something really bad. i have been ill but i can relate to as why, and i am really sure in a.i are really good hotels to stay in sometimes as the food is out all day?If you are careful

like you say with the water and everything i should be ok then.

Edited: 06 June 2010, 20:29
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can you please confirm on the sickness bug june 6th 2010

Malagogo I believe you are mounting a witchunt on me !

I have already given good account of myself in the other thread >

chicago
Level Contributor
150 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can you please confirm on the sickness bug june 6th 2010

My wife, 5 y.o. daughter and I stayed at the Don Pedro from May 22-26...we swam in a few of the pools(5-6) and ate at the breakfast buffet. We chatted and socialized with a party from England, a family from Cordoba, and an asian couple from san Francisco....we were not afflicted with any virus, nor vomiting spells, our acquaitances never mentioned any such ailments either. The Don Pedro was clean, well-manicured and the shared pools with the other two 'Don' hotels were all open and bustling with sun-worshippers. We saw absolutely no hint of any 'vomiting bug'.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: can you please confirm on the sickness bug june 6th 2010

How very strange that the only 3 posts England _UkSally has made are in this particular thread tonight after warnings that my posts were tantamount to scaremongering ?

England_UK Sally please go to the other thread wher I have explained everything and I am NOT repeat NOT talking about the Sol Don Pablo or any Sol hotel . T

his bug is caused by bad hygeine and passed from person to person ....not the water you drink !

Oxton, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: can you please confirm on the sickness bug june 6th 2010

I dont get it..is Uk Sally saying she HAS been ill in her second posting haha? and yes she is right germs do easily evolve in regards to food being left to stand for an amount of time :0/??

I wish people would relax and understand that there HAS been a "bug" in the past (why so surprising in a tourist area?) and I know about 50 people who caught a "bug" in the past but NONE of them acted in alarm and despair! Just like I wouldnt If catching a tummy bug at Alton Towers (which I have) Never stopped me going again! If someone from the centre of Torremolinos has not heard there had been a spreading virus then there does not mean there isnt one! Just the same, If a minute percentage of my local town get a tummy bug I for one am not gonna refrain from living my life! And I have a serious stomach illness..Get over it...

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: can you please confirm on the sickness bug june 6th 2010

Malagogo may I just point out to you your post at 20:41 ?

Who are these people who like to cause storms in teacups etc . etc . ? Was that simply a generalization of what you observe daily ?

I concur with your wishes not to cause trouble in here but really do feel I have had to defend my post from then start .

Edited: 06 June 2010, 21:40
Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: can you please confirm on the sickness bug june 6th 2010

There are NO unusual occurrences of the norovirus in Torremolinos at the moment. That came from Montemar Health Centre half an hour ago.

So can those who like to scaremonger PLEASE stop this nonsense now please?

And to those who like to claim they've had the norovirus to try and get compensation from their holiday company: posting dodgy reviews on TripAdvisor under assumed names is not only against the rules, but leaves you open to libel actions.

Oxton, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: can you please confirm on the sickness bug june 6th 2010

Noysoi, please dont see anyone as "scaremongers" or "Freuds" haha (how immature)

No one is threatening the existence of tourisism in Torremolinos rest assured :0) You are right, there has benn PAST bugs and therefore people just wish to know the existing staus...as tommorow is another day, another dirty hand could produce a germ but so what? Nothing will stop my joyful holiday :0) would it stop yours? Leave Casamana alone now as bullies are far worse than scaremongers :0)

england, uk
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: can you please confirm on the sickness bug june 6th 2010

Thank you very much in replying to my concern for the sickness bug, i love this part of world and would even consider living here, i was concerned as my husband had not been well for the past years and i really did not want to walk into any trouble regarding health matters. Thank you once again, and i will enjoy my holiday once again down on the Costa Del Sol, i have been here many times and i am sorry if it caused a conflict among friends.

Edited: 07 June 2010, 16:26
10. Re: can you please confirm on the sickness bug june 6th 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos