We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good irish bars and prices x

Leeds, West...
Level Contributor
475 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
good irish bars and prices x

i know that prices have been mentioned alot on here but there seems to be diffrent prices on each post. we are off in 37 sleeps ( sep 11th ) YES i am soooooooo excited and wondered what the prices are like for beer etc and what good irish bars you would recommend. The other half is irish so somewhere that sells a good guiness would be great but at a resonable price too

i seem to live on TA now but everyone is so helpful thanks all x

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good irish bars and prices x

The reason why you see lots of different prices quoted is that, like anywhere, the prices vary wildly depending on where you are! Obviously a couple of drinks in a chiringuito on the beach are going to be more expensive than in a back-street Brit-bar with desperate offers on, but if you think roughly €3 for a pint of San Mig, €1.50 for a glass of wine, €5 for (large!) spirit and mixer that should give you a median to work from.

Whereabouts are you staying? I'm not too hot on Irish bars, but I do know that Mulligan's (opposite the Sol Timor) does good Guinness - that district is normally popular with the Irish, but they've been very thin on the ground this year due to their austerity measures back home.

Leeds, West...
Level Contributor
475 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good irish bars and prices x

thank you we are staying at the Kristal hotel on Calle Cauce ..... we hate paying over the odds for drinks when you can get somewhere cheap and cheerful .... might just do a few irish bars but then go where the locals drink .... we will be in spain so mixing with the locals is what we really want ... we will only do the irish bars once or twice .... we will have loads to go in when we visit ireland .... what i loved about nerga was the fact that you could get some great deals on beer but also get a tapas too x love spain for that and been part of the spanish atmosphere thanks x

DUBLIN IRELAND
Level Contributor
39 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good irish bars and prices x

Hi. I'm heading back there myself in 2 weeks time. Being Irish, I can recommend The Bailey Irish Bar on Calle Maria Barrabino. Thats just off the main street Calle Mallorca in the centre of Torre. Its directly across from where the San Miguel pedestrian street meets the Calle Mallorca The couple who run the place, Gerry and Karen, are really nice people and will give you a warm welcome. I dont know what the Guinness is like there as I dont touch it in warm climates but it sure looked good. They have a quite good pub grub menu and its reasonably priced. If you fancy local fare, there's a great tapas bar just around the corner on the main drag.They dont do live music but most of the Irish pubs in Montemar have sessions in the evening time.

Anyway I hope Ive been of some help and enjoy your stay.

Leeds, West...
Level Contributor
475 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good irish bars and prices x

Thank you so much you have been very helpful x x much appreciated 32 sleeps for us to go so excited will defo visit this pub thank you

5. Re: good irish bars and prices x

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2011, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos