We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is torremolinos expensive?

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kerry, Ireland
9 posts
Save Topic
is torremolinos expensive?

Hey all,

I am just wondering how expensive torremolinos is? I will be there on a family holiday (one kid who is 8) in just over two weeks and am just wondering if its expensive? we will be eating out most nights but just looking for a general feel of prices? thanks everyone

UK
Level Contributor
365 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: is torremolinos expensive?

“Curiouser and curiouser!” Cried Alice (she was so much surprised, that for the moment she quite forgot where the Beach Club was!).

Dave

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: is torremolinos expensive?

The majority of guests in the whole of Torremolinos are Spanish, but that doesn't mean that Bajondillo and Playamar (and Montemar-Bajo) aren't popular with British visitors, to say (as some have) they are 'more Spanish' than La Carihuela is simply not true!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,107 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: is torremolinos expensive?

Oh dear...

All this debate would end if Torremolinos was part of Malaga city again, as it has always been the case }:-).

/nationalism rant off

Edited: 13 September 2010, 16:33
Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: is torremolinos expensive?

< if Torremolinos was part of Malaga city again as it has always been the case>

How very dare you! We were independent until 1923!

Just you come along here and say that on 27th September! :-)

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
35. Re: is torremolinos expensive?

Ahem.. can someone please pass the popcorn? Someone swiped mine while i went and got my pick n mix :( Incidentally, i came across many toys strewn over the floor on my walk to the foyer so i handed them back to the respective people who threw them out of their prams ;-)

* Patiently awaits the return of his popcorn* don't forget it was toffee not salty!!

CB ",)

UK
Level Contributor
365 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: is torremolinos expensive?

This thread certainly beats the cr@p out of the usual "How much is a taxi to" ......... or "what will the weather be like" type threads!

CB - I ate your popcorn - none left I'm afraid!

Dave

Edited: 13 September 2010, 16:43
Tyne & Wear
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
37. Re: is torremolinos expensive?

Whats with all the aggro???

Try being in England. Rubbish weather, crap empty bars, extortionate prices and weeks til the next half term holiday. Would give anything to be in Torre/carihuela/Benal etc. Even a Spanish bar in the back end of beyond would be preferable to the UK.

Am loving the thread by the way. Can't believe how touchy some people get!!! Feel sorry for the original poser though. To answer the question - No I don't think Torre is expensive. Fantastic value for money.

UK
Level Contributor
365 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: is torremolinos expensive?

I hope you are talking about the original poster (not the original poser!).

I agree - it's only been 10 days since our last visit & we are suffering the withdrawals already!

On what we have spent this evening in our local & other places in the Uk I agree TORREMOLINOS IS NOT EXPENSIVE!

Never mind here's to the next trip.

Dave

Tyne & Wear
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
39. Re: is torremolinos expensive?

ooops!!!! Yes poster not poser!!! Hope I haven't added more fuel to the fire :)

Wexford
10 posts
Save Reply
40. Re: is torremolinos expensive?

Dear All,

Have read all the posts re "Is Torremolinos expensive?", I think you all have forgotton the original post by kieran_kerry, yes you all have Torremolinos's best interests at heart and quite rightly so. It is a beautiful part of the world and like everything in life it can be as expensive or as cheap as you want it to be.........

I have been to Torremolinos 6 times and did not find it expensive at all compared to Irish prices, everyone is lovely and friendly and there are some good bars and restaurants too. Have to say it is our little bit of heaven, I originally looked it up on trip advisor to see what it was like and was happy to read the good reviews and the bad ones too but no where is perfect and it is up to ones self to make your holiday although the reviews are a great help when you havent been there before. Thanks All

Have a good Holiday Kieran_Kerry.