We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Torremolinos to Morocco?

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
1 post
82 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips from Torremolinos to Morocco?

Hi there - we're traveling to Torremolinos during the last week of November and hoping to take at least two day trips, one of which we'd like to go to Morocco. We checked out Viator but the tour seems to get a lot of mixed reviews (especially about a certain rug shop sales pitch along the tour). Does anyone else have any suggestions for how to do a day trip to Morocco?

Would also very much appreciate any ideas on other day trips - Seville, Granada, etc.

Thanks!

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
232 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from Torremolinos to Morocco?

Wagnerlk -

We were just in Torremolinos last month and did quite a few day trips. We had booked an excursion through Costafrica before leaving home but was canceled while in Torremolinos due to a lack of people. They are highly recommended on this forum but unfortunately we weren't able to use them. We booked the rest of our day trips through the hotel with a company called VDT. I have no complaints regarding that company.

We went to Tangiers, Seville and Ronda. Here's my abbreviated breakdown but feel free to read my Trip Report from last month.

Tangiers - Interesting city, glad we went but would not go back. A very long day of travel.

Seville - A large city with a beautiful church, great tapas, good shopping. Would recommend.

Ronda - A beautiful small town with jaw dropping views. Highly recommend.

If you are only going to take two day trips, I wouldn't recommend Tangiers.

Hope this helps!

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,514 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips from Torremolinos to Morocco?

As the previous poster has said Tangier is a very long and tiring day trip and I am not sure what you get out of it. I wouldn't do it but there have been several posts here from people who have enjoyed it.

As you are only here for a week you won't want too many trips. You will have to go via Malaga to anywhere worthwhile so check out trips on the side of that forum. From here you could do Gibraltar. I think in a week Ronda isn't worth it unless you also factor in a lovely journey through the mountains ( make sure you go that way, otherwise it's a days travel for a couple of hours sightseeing). If it is your first visit here then Granada,and Cordoba, both easily got to from here would be my priority. And don't forget Malaga itself as so many tourists do. A much better day there than Tangier, Gib or Ronda and only twenty minutes on the train and very late buses back if you want to include the evening.

Don't forget that in Ronda and Granada you may encounter snow or ice. You'll need your thermals.

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips from Torremolinos to Morocco?

wagnerlk,

A day trip to Morocco actually means a day trip to Tangier, a city almost completely unrepresentative of Morocco and a lot of time expended for very little value and understanding.

Cordoba for sure as a day trip, Granada a longer day trip. Both can be done without travel companies (and a rushed itinerary), with planning.

Best wishes.

4. Re: Day trips from Torremolinos to Morocco?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2011, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos