We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
car hire

Going at the end of June, is it cheaper to hire a car before we go, or get one at the airport, and has anyone got good recommendations for a hire car company

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
32,587 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car hire

You can check car rental rates www.auto-europe.co.uk

Route planner www.viamichelin.com

www.andalucia.com

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
16,917 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire

www.doyouspain.com www.bravocarhire.com www.carjet.com www.hellehollis.com in no particular order. Do a search on Hire car fuel policy or fuel scam before you book. Read the terms & Conditions with whoever you choose. But I guarntee its cheaper to book before you arrive. ALL of the links I posted do not take any money at the time of booking. Therefore NO cancellation charges either.

nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
680 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car hire

We always use hispacar.com.Book in advance for good rates.You are best to check prices every day for a week or so as prices change daily and then book the lowest price you think will be quoted.The rental company is Advantage which I think is part of the Hertz group.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car hire

Thanks very much, loads of good info, but what is a fuel scam???

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
16,917 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car hire

Most car hire places charge you upfront for FULL tank of fuel and expect you to bring it back EMPTY. (they then charge the next hirer for a full tank again even though you might return it 3/4 full). The fairer companies let you bring it back FULL and refund your credit card the original fuel charge, thereby only opaying for what you use. If you are doing a lot of driving and will use most of the fuel it doesnt really make a great difference.

www.hellehollis.com refund to the nearest 1/4 tank or in full if returned full. Some of the suppliers on www.bravocarhire.com do too. But DO read the T&C`s as it will be there. A lot of the suppliers DO refund if you only hire for 3 or 4 days.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car hire

Thanks, very useful

Marbella, Spain
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: car hire

I use this company alot www.marbesol.com very good rates and they have some special offers at the moments if you join there facebook page. facebook.com/pages/Marbesol/120469324653264 . I have never had a bad experience with them and my family use them also.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
16,917 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: car hire

www.Marbesol.com charge for a full tank, and you return it empty.

Marbella, Spain
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: car hire

I have always had to return full with marbesol @mantalk not hired a car from them since feb so maybe there policy has changed.

I remember because I had a weekend hire and hardly used any fuel and forgot to top up, and the girl that signed off the return winked and said I will let you off this time.

And she did not lie, as my credit card was not charged for fuel even tho I thought it would be, As it was MY fault.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
16,917 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: car hire

Ian, was your hire 3 days, as then it is FULL/FULL.

Marbesol T&C`s (Fuel policy half wat thru.)

INCLUDED

• Unlimited mileage

• Full Insurance (*)

• Airport service (24 hours)

• Taxes (IVA)

(*) The full insurance doesn't cover the damages caused to windows, radio, wheels, damages under and inside the car, lost key and wrong petrol.

NOT INCLUDED (payable on arrival by the customer)

- Night handling (from 23,00h to 07,00h): 18 euros

- Baby seat: 3 euros per day (minimum 15, and maximum 42 euros per rental)

- GPS: 4 euros per day (maximum 50 euros per rental)

- Additional driver: 3 euros per day (minimum 15, maximum 42 euros per rental)

- Optional insurance for wheels and windows: 4 euros per day (minimum 20 euros and maximum 50 euros per rental) (**)

(**) If this insurance is not purchased, the client will have to authorize a 300 euros deposit on his/her crédit card.

- Age insurance for clients younger than 25: 3 euros per day (maximum 42 euros per rental) Minimum experience: 1 year with licence.

- Traffic fine negotiation: 30 euros

XXXXXX

XXXXXX

XXXXXX

- Petrol: the car will be delivered full of petrol and a full tank of fuel must be paid at the begining of the rental period (the price of fuel varies according to the make and model of the car and the prevailing fuel prices) The car should be returned as empty as possible and no refunds will be made for unused fuel. If the rental is for 3 days or less, the car must be returned with the same amount of petrol that it had when it was delivered.

- Hotel & home delivery: 30 euros

EXCESS

- No excess

DEPOSITS

• Upon arrival it's compulsory to show a valid credit card, drivers license, and a passport or identity card of the main driver and a deposit depending on the category car. (two credit cards for special and luxury cars)

Drivers must be over 21 years and less than 75 years, and have held a driving licence (international driving license) for a minimum of 12 months.

RETURN OF THE VEHICLE:

Day of rent refers to a period of 24 hours from the time of the beginning of the rental, after this another day rental price will be charged.

In compliance with the provisions of Law 15/1999, of December 13, Protection of Personal Data (Data Protection Act), we inform you that the data will be used only for responding

Edited: 25 May 2011, 07:38
Mentioned in this post
Marbesol
Marbesol
349 Reviews
Province of Malaga, Spain