We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sol alhoa puerto

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
sol alhoa puerto

we are staying at this hotel in september 2011. one of our party is in a wheelchair. is the hotel disabled friendly. thank you for your help.

North West England...
Level Contributor
1,843 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sol alhoa puerto

Didn't you enquire at the hotel about this prior to booking ?

Having stayed at the Aloha Puerto and I'm mobility impaired but not in wheelchair I know the hotel has rooms which are adapted for disabled guests but the general layout I would say quite sadly is definitely not wheelchair friendly. To get out into the pool and garden from reception/lounge/bar area

there are a lot of steps down to it unless you use the lift from reception area which takes you down into the dining room which is pool/garden

area level , and go out through their doors that way but I don't know if the hotel allows that . ... you would have to ask.

Then if you've accomplished that there's only a narrow curved pathway to get out of the grounds onto the paseo.

The other option for getting onto the paseo and back would be to go out of the hotel through the main entrance , turn left and go down the path at the side of Block2.

belfast
Level Contributor
410 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sol alhoa puerto

As a frequent guest in the aloha puerto, I can confirm that it is fine to access the pool area via the restaurant. There is then a sloping path onto the promenade. I would not recommend the path behind block 2 however as it is very steep. Instead I suggest turning right as you come out front door and going down the road at the side of Sol Timor apts next door. I have limited mobility myself and have never had any problems here.

belfast
Level Contributor
410 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sol alhoa puerto

As a frequent guest in the aloha puerto, I can confirm that it is fine to access the pool area via the restaurant. There is then a sloping path onto the promenade. I would not recommend the path behind block 2 however as it is very steep. Instead I suggest turning right as you come out front door and going down the road at the side of Sol Timor apts next door. I have limited mobility myself and have never had any problems here.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: sol alhoa puerto

thank you for your help

kildare
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: sol alhoa puerto

I rented a one room apartment in the sol alhoa puerto from DOREEN WILLIAMS RENTALS and would not recommend that rental to anyone

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sol alhoa puerto

Can you say what is wrong with Doreen Williams rental? That was one I was looking at. It would be a great help.

7. Re: sol alhoa puerto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos