We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel choice.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
761 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel choice.

Hello again, For a couple in their 40,s who would just like a nice place to stay where would you recommend between these three, Sol aloha, Sol principe or Don pablo, Hoping for a sea view and facilities to make tea / coffee in our room , Thanks in advance .

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,799 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel choice.

None of the hotels listed will have Tea + Coffee making facilities; Spanish hotels rarely offer this service.

The Sol Principe is advertised as a Famiy Hotel with emphasis on Kids Clubs so can be noisy around the pool area. Restaurant decor a bit ´Motorway Service Station´ too.

The Don Pablo would be my choice although most rooms have a side sea view rather than sea front. Advantage of the Pablo is that you can use the facilities of all 3 Dons hotels (Don Marco, Don Pablo and Don Pedro - they are interlinked) so, with 9 pools and lovely gardens you can always find a quiet spot. For a view straight across the sea pay a little extra for the Don Marco.

Haven´t been in the Aloha Puerto since its recent update - good location if you want to be by Benalmadena marina although we prefer the Bajondillo Beach area where the Dons are.

Hope this helps..

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,616 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel choice.

The Don Pablo is certainly the most intimate in scale. The Sol Principe is a bit away from everything and plays spooky muzak continuously - it freaks me out every time I go in there!

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel choice.

We are staying in the Sol Aloha Puerto Easter week-end so will update you when we return. Chose that hotel following a personal recommendation and wanted to be closer th La Caiheula and Benalmadena Marina. We always take our travel kettle, coffee and the little milk cartons - serves us well!! The food is highly recommended here too so I will also report back on that. There are eight of us in our party so I should have a good cross section of thoughts - hope they all like it as I chose the hotel!!!

belfast
Level Contributor
410 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel choice.

I can recommend both the Don Pablo and the Aloha Puerto as I have stayed in both several times. The Don Pablo is a beautiful hotel and as someone mentioned you can also use the facilities at the Dons Pedro and Marco which includes a spa. Personally I prefer the Aloha Puerto as the majority of the rooms are junior suite style with a separate lounge. Neither hotel has tea/coffee making facilities but both have fridges in the rooms, free in the Don Pablo but you must order a minimum of 10 drinks at the Aloha Puerto. I never find this a problem as I'd be buying water etc. anyway although some people do object.

The other bonus with the Aloha Puerto is its location. It's on the border between Torremolinos and Benalmadena, close to the Marina and has a better selection of shops and restaurants nearby.

Both hotels have side sea views from most rooms. Either way, you'll not go wrong with a Sol hotel.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
761 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel choice.

Campolady, Nosoy, Crowlands, and Angie, I really appreciate your effort and time, Its one of the Dons or the Aloha, Thanks again for narrowing it down for me , Cheers.

south wales
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel choice.

Hello, we are staying at Pez Espada in Torremolinos in August .Where would we go for family friendly pub or activities to suit 2+4 yr old plus oldies and youngies Also any ideas for our stay would be very helpful . Thank you.

7. Re: Hotel choice.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 20:40