We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Colina

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
Save Topic
La Colina

Hi, In the early eightys we went a couple of times to the La Colina which was situated outside of Torremolinos. It was a cracking hotel and we used to get on the train just outside the complex to go up and down the coast. The train was not the modern type you see nowadays as they hadnt upgraded the system then.

On a visit back to Torremolinos in the early 2000s we saw it had become what looked like a residential apt block and looked quite run down too to be honest. I assume its still there but my question is has it had a make over since ? and can you still get on the train just down the track from there ?

49 replies to this topic
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: La Colina

We use La Colina station to get to the Riu Belplaya or the Luca Costa Lago its a 10 minute walk, Most of thie area we walk through is residential and a mix of older and new buikdings. Its a 7 minute train ride from the airport and costs about 2 euros.

Croydon, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: La Colina

was there an english style pub inside the complex called 'The Nick???

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: La Colina

Yeah there was

Nick n julie used to own it.

Do you renember the pub called the doghouse,down the stairs near the pool.next to eastenders.my old man used to own it

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: La Colina

Anyone remember the doghouse pub.next to eastenders bar?

Croydon, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: La Colina

thanks for the reply! i dont remember the other pub. i was only 7 at the time, so thats probably quite a good thing really.

I also remember about that place the lifts which didnt have a door inside them so you could literally touch the different floors as the lift went up!!

Swansea, United...
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: La Colina

Yes, still got the t-shirt!!

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: La Colina

When were you there.do you remember any of the people?

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: La Colina

i must of gone there a dozen times as a kid with my parents and two sisters before eventually moving to benalmadena, was a great place when we first started going there packed with tourists, think it was airtours, used to be loads of pubs and the salon bar was great but eastenders was the daddy, ann was lovely and food was spot on and john was always happy (lol) behind the bar, never been back for some years but used to play chequers in the pool league 10 yrs or so back and the place was very run down so can only imagine what its like now...rip la colina

Edited: 06 April 2013, 22:08
Málaga, Andalucia...
1 post
Save Reply
19. Re: La Colina

Yes you can take a local train from the Malaga airport (AGP) to the base of the La Colina. The complex had a make over a few years ago. However, one can tell the building is pushing 40 years.

Should you inquire at the front desk, several studio apartments are available for rent. Be aware that English is not widely spoken by the front desk staff though. You can also locate La Colina rentals in SegundoMano.es.

My mother-in-law owns a flat there and has been quite happy with the renovations.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: La Colina

I stayed there in the 80's with my parents, aunts and uncles, one of the best holidays ever. Remember walking through some wasteland to the Victoria bar and catching th train to Fuengorola market...happy times. Sorry to hear it's not the same but as someone else said the memories live on.

Reply to: La Colina
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted