We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Isabel, Torremolinos (vs Gran Hotel Cervantes)

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Isabel, Torremolinos (vs Gran Hotel Cervantes)

Hi,

I'm thinking of booking 7 nights at Hotel Isabel with my b/f for the beginning of September. Naturally I've read the reviews (most of them great) but I just wondered if anyone else had any other opinions about this hotel? Last time I saw in Torremolinos (about 5 years ago) I stayed at Gran Hotel Cervantes and thought it was ok but not massively impressed.

Isabel is more expensive than Cervantes but I'm willing to pay a little more money this time if the accommodation and location is genuinely better than Cervantes. Has anyone out there stayed in both hotels and could give me an honest comparison?

Finally, my bug bear with lots of European hotels is that they never have double beds - only twins pushed together which I find really annoying. Anyone know if Isabel has double rooms or are they all twins?

Many thanks!

Xxxxxxxxx

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,478 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Isabel, Torremolinos (vs Gran Hotel Cervantes)

The Cervantes has had a big refit in the last couple of years - the public areas are vastly improved.

The Isabel is across the road from the beach, so you are at paseo-level rather than up in Town, it's in Playamar. Don't know about its beds!

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Isabel, Torremolinos (vs Gran Hotel Cervantes)

I don't know anything about the Cervantes but we stayed at the Isabel a couple of years ago and my neighbour goes for a girlie week every year and we love it. We are going to Torremilinos ourselves in September but chose the Don Pablo instead purely because it was cheaper. But The Isabel is a lovely spotless hotel.We had paid extra for a seaview which was great as the hotel is just right opposite the beach. The pool area was very small but very few people used it as the beach is so near and the padded sunbeds on the beach are fantastic! The breakfast was fine ,not a massive buffet but adequate. There were quite a few restaurants within walking distance. We walked every day along the seafront and sometimes to the Marina. The only thing we thought was that the bar area was a bit characterless and there never seemed to be anyone in it. I'm sorry I can't remember about the beds except I do remember the pillows weren't very comfortable ,but I'm very fussy about pillows so that might not bother you. But the room was a good size. Hope this helps a bit.

ayr,scotland
Level Contributor
364 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Isabel, Torremolinos (vs Gran Hotel Cervantes)

We`ve also stayed at the hotel Isabel. We had a sea view room, and really enjoyed our stay. I think we had 2 beds put together. If you go to the hotels own website and image gallery the photos of the rooms are quite good. Try sending them an e-mail, or ask whoever you are booking with. I had a look at Travel Republic and they offer twins or doubles.

www.hotelisabel.net.

London, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Isabel, Torremolinos (vs Gran Hotel Cervantes)

Many thanks for all your replies :) I think we're going to book ourselves into Isabel! Really looking forward to going! xxx

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,793 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Isabel, Torremolinos (vs Gran Hotel Cervantes)

Good decision!

6. Re: Hotel Isabel, Torremolinos (vs Gran Hotel Cervantes)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 23:17