We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with choice please!

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,693 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Help with choice please!

Hi, we're wanting to book for 10 days in Torremolinos in September and we're trying to decide between Sol Don Pablo or Sol Don Pedro. There's not much in the price but I'm not quite sure of where they are exactly .We have stayed in the Hotel Isabel and loved the area Isobel is too expensive for us) and I think I remember one of these being near it? I have read the reviews but if anyone could advise and help us chose I'd be very grateful .Thanks.

Edited: 03 August 2012, 16:28
Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with choice please!

The Dons are nearer the Town Centre than the Isabel, on the paseo at Bajondillo beach. They share facilities but I can't remember which one is supposed to be the best value - if you put a search in on here there's masses about them, or if Campolady is about in a bit she's an expert on the Dons.

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with choice please!

I certainly wouldn´t call me an expert NoSoy but we have stayed at all 3 Dons hotels on several occasions - the last visit being just 4 weeks ago.

As all 3 hotels (Marco, Pablo and Pedro) are linked sharing the same grounds and all the facilities, it doesn´t really matter much which you choose. Personally between the Pedro and Pablo I would choose the Pablo BUT, if you get a room facing the outdoor stage, it can be very noisy on Summer nights.

Food wise, the Pedro shares a restaurant with the Marco that has more character than the larger restaurant in the Pablo BUT the food is, in our opinion, better in the Pablo.

Hope this helps a little LA.CO.ANTRIM - if you have any more queries ask away.

Edited: 03 August 2012, 17:00
Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with choice please!

See? Expert! Possibly even Chef de Mission if we're talking Olympic terms...

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,693 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with choice please!

Thanks very much.I am a bit confused because I thought it read like they were together but when I Google earthed them they seemed quite a bit from each other? We would definitely prefer a quiet room(we're not party animals any more as we're in our 60's) which one do you think would be best? They give different prices for side sunny views and pool views etc. but we haven't a clue so if you could give me some advice on that it would be great. We're still undecided about whether just to do B&B of half board as my husband isn't very keen on buffet. We loved that area and don't mind the walks to town or the marina.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with choice please!

Google isn't that reliable - it had Benalmádena Marina over 2km away from its true position for ages!

6. Re: Help with choice please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 August 2012, 19:12
Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,693 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with choice please!

Oh, that probably explains it ! All I need now is suggestions for what room to request and hopefully campolady can help with that. Thanks.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with choice please!

She's ahead of you! :-)

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with choice please!

I would suggest you ask for a room overlooking the Don Pablo bowling green that may also have a partial sea view and be well away from the entertainment noise.

If you email the hotel and give your requests they usually do their best to accommodate you.

If you don´t mind going out to at at night I would book B+B.

Edited: 03 August 2012, 19:12
Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,693 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help with choice please!

Sorry to ask again ,but our choice is pool view/side seaview or Sunnyside seaview . Have you any idea which would overlooking the bowling green?

Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos