We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol A. Puerto - very concerned

Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
626 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Sol A. Puerto - very concerned

I am very concerned regarding recent feedback on Tripadvisor regarding this hotel:

Learn Spanish as the waiting staff will talk about you in Spanish and not in a good way I witnessed staff calling customers pigs dogs fat and all in Spanish. The waiting staff are so ignorant they don’t realise that the guests do speak Spanish.

I always do take a balanced view regarding feedback, but I am sorry calling customers 'pigs dog fat' in spanish is not acceptable.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol A. Puerto - very concerned

I am staying here in 4 weeks time :O, There is also some very positive feedback on the hotel in reviews and it remains one of the most popular in resort - just have to hope this kind of thing is a one off i suppose - it certainly wasn't cheap and you would expect better customer servce!

Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
626 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol A. Puerto - very concerned

He Claire-lou

We are there in 3 1/2 weeks unless I cancel the booking. As you say hotel is not cheap and given the economy in Europe at the moment I would hope that people lucky enough to have jobs, would be mindful of that.

I dont wish to appear to be on my soap box, but I live in a uk tourist town and hotel bookings are significantly down on what they used to be. However problem with the UK is you cant guarantee the weather. ...............

3. Re: Sol A. Puerto - very concerned

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 August 2012, 21:22
Edited: 08 August 2012, 21:22
belfast
Level Contributor
410 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sol A. Puerto - very concerned

treetops, I've been staying in the Aloha Puerto for 7 years and have never once heard any member of staff criticize a guest. And I do speak very good Spanish. Firstly the staff in the restaurant are so busy that they don't have time to chat let alone make personal comments. Secondly, Carlos, the restaurant manager, is absolutely charming and is constantly checking that all guests have everything they need and would not tolerate such behavior.

The reception staff are always polite and helpful and I have witnessed them take lots of abuse from guests. The lady receptionist, Rocio, can be a bit slow when checking guests in and out but certainly is never rude.

I honestly can't think of anyone who is not courteous and professional. Everyone from the ever present hotel manager to the maids and handymen are friendly and helpful. Don't let one disgruntled customer spoil your holiday.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
484 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sol A. Puerto - very concerned

I have stayed here several times. I speak fluent Spanish. I have never encountered such unpleasant rudeness, I have always found the complete opposite, polite and friendly staff in all areas. I will be there again in early October and am confident of a pleasant stay

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,831 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sol A. Puerto - very concerned

We have friends - English but Spanish speakers - who regularly stay at the A.P. They return so often as they always feel they are welcomed back as friends. When I told them about this post they laughed out loud. Don´t let one persons jaded view put you off going there.

As already said in post 4, I would be most surprised if staff in the restaurant had time to chat and, if they did, I doubt the noise in the restaurant would allow guests to overhear their conversation. I would be tempted to take the post you read with a pinch of salt.

Edited: 09 August 2012, 05:07
Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
626 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sol A. Puerto - very concerned

Thanks for all your replies which have put my mind at rest.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sol A. Puerto - very concerned

Mine too - must say i had a query with our booking today and had to email reception and was given very good customer service by a man named Pedro who went out of his way to help. Looking forward to September now!!

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
797 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Sol A. Puerto - very concerned

Treetops / Claire_Lou, please don't worry about staying at the SAP. Me and mum were there for a week in June and thoroughly enjoyed it. As previously said, the restaurant staff are very busy clearing tables and resetting them, that they don't have much time to talk to each other. We are returning to this hotel next year so, as you can tell, we had no problems at this hotel at all.

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sol A. Puerto - very concerned

Do you if this hotel is suitable for older people who have difficulties with walking, My parents are looking forward to a holiday with us and we really want to go to Costa del Sol however I am finding it impossible to find a hotel which is on the flat (so they can stroll out) close to the beach, centrally located to bars restaurants and shops.

Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks