We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sol don hotels airport transport

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
belfast
Level Contributor
410 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
sol don hotels airport transport

I know there have been threads about this but thought it would be easier to start a new one. Anyway, I'm heading to the Don Pablo next month so I emailed the hotel to ask whether there is free transport available. Apparently this is available if you have booked through the Melia Hotels website and should be booked online. I haven't tried this yet, I actually booked over the phone as I had loyalty vouchers to redeem but hopefully this still applies to me. I'll let you all know how I get on.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
360 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sol don hotels airport transport

I contacted the hotel also, and was told the shuttle is no longer available.

They suggested taking a taxi.

Pls update the post with what you find out.

belfast
Level Contributor
410 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sol don hotels airport transport

Will do. I'll probably try to book it this week. If it's not available it's about time they took it off their website.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
219 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sol don hotels airport transport

hi there I've just booked a night there through the melia website and received a voucher for free airport transfer. I was going to come on here and ask whether it was more trouble than it was worth (eg it says there could be up to 15 drop-offs on the way!) and whether we should just get the train as usual. will let you know if i receive another email saying it's been cancelled

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
360 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sol don hotels airport transport

Angiefitzp,

Any update?

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
744 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sol don hotels airport transport

Going out tomorrow, After entering our details for free shuttle bus on hotel website I was informed this service is no longer available, Also when i contacted the hotel by phone I was told to take a taxi, Hope this helps.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
468 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sol don hotels airport transport

Hey Cumnor,

Did Sol say they would pay for the taxi?

belfast
Level Contributor
410 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sol don hotels airport transport

Hi, sorry I didn't get back to you before now. I haven't been able to get any more info on transport. Apparently it's only available via the website and every time I try to get access it is coming up as page unavailable. Looks like it's going to be a taxi.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
744 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sol don hotels airport transport

We got the train Joxxer, Could not book transfers on the hotel website, And no way would any hotel pay for a taxi, We are here now so any further info needed ask away.

Edited: 01 September 2012, 18:16
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
360 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sol don hotels airport transport

How did you get from the train station to the hotel? Did you take a taxi? What was the cost?

belfast
Level Contributor
410 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sol don hotels airport transport

Hi cumnor, hope you're having a great time. We're arriving on Wednesday and as it is a couple of years since we were in Don Pablo I can't remember if they have scales/weighing machine for luggage. Most of the other Sol hotels seem to have them now in a communal area but wasn't sure about DP. Have you noticed if they have them? Thanks, Angie.

Edited: 02 September 2012, 15:45