We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Aloha Puerto

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
belfast
Level Contributor
410 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Sol Aloha Puerto

As most of the regulars on this forum know I am a regular visitor to the Sol Aloha Puerto. However I have just read a review which I found disturbing. A guest reports finding cockroaches in their room and being told by staff that they have a cockroach problem. As I am absolutely phobic about these insects and am booked to return to the hotel next month I am quite concerned. Over the last 8 years staying in the hotel I have never seen one but I know they are endemic in warmer climates. I have emailed the hotel and will post their reply but in the meantime I wonder if anyone here can set my mind at rest. Thanks, Angie.

Ireland
Level Contributor
569 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol Aloha Puerto

Was there three weeks ago and did not hear of any

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,342 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol Aloha Puerto

It does seem unlikely to be anything but a one-off, most likely due to next door having their infestation prevention carried out, they sometimes try and run away but I can assure you the prevention squads are ruthless!

belfast
Level Contributor
410 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sol Aloha Puerto

Thanks debby and nsg for your replies. I received an email from the hotel this morning stating that they do not have cockroaches and that the hotel is inspected on a monthly basis They are looking into the review in question as there is no record of anyone having reported such a problem to reception. It looks as if the review may be malicious.

This has set my mind at rest somewhat.

Edited: 13 May 2013, 14:47
Portadown, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sol Aloha Puerto

Is the hotel suitable for a mobility scooter user? Is the pool area, promenade accessible from the reception area etc please.

Portadown, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sol Aloha Puerto

Is the hotel fully accessible for a mobility scooter user. Can you get to the pool, promenade, beach etc when staying in the hotel please?

Newcastle, England
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sol Aloha Puerto

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187440-i353-k16…

May help?

North West England...
Level Contributor
57 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sol Aloha Puerto

We are coming to this hotel in a few weeks time and I'm new to the area.

I've had a look on the map, am I correct in thinking it's nearer to Benalmadena than Torremolinos.

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
2,575 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sol Aloha Puerto

F.T Its on the border of both, very good location..outside you can get the bus into Torremolinos, bit far to walk unless you enjoy a long walk, we love it...the Marina is on your door step...Walk up to main road turn left after about 5mins you will see the large overhead sign of Benalmadena...From this road you can get a bus down to Fuengirola up into Arroyo, or futher onto Benal Pueblo & Mijas...also you can get the bus going in the other direction to Torre & Malaga..x

North West England...
Level Contributor
57 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sol Aloha Puerto

Excellent.

Thanks for the info Rose, much appreciated.

Regards.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
466 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sol Aloha Puerto

If you do see a cockroach do not kill it! All it's friends will come to the funeral.