We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Torremolinos and kids

2 posts
Save Topic
Torremolinos and kids

Hi everyone. In arriving in malaga in June and was just wanting some advice on some good family friendly hotels or apartments. I was considering torremolinos but have been reading its really quite difficult travelling with children in pushchairs. I have a four year old and a two year old.

Thank you

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,459 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Torremolinos and kids

The La Carihuela area is flat and is in between Torremolinos and Benalmadena, which has Paloma Park with rabbits and birds roaming free, Selwo Marina - dolphins, penguins and lots of other animals and birds, butterfly centre . Fuengirola may also suit you as it is flat, it has a zoo (bioparc) and the aqua park.

If you have a look at all the forums for the areas and the top questions you'll find lots of information but if you need any further help just ask.

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Torremolinos and kids

Thank you ceejayblue :) i am booked in at apartmentos bajondillo, but I have been doing abit of review reading and the reviews are abit neither here nor there. Have u got any opinions on the apartment? There's also another one I've found since u mention la carihuela, a hotel called royal al andalus. Have u any opinions on this hotel too

Thank you once again

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Torremolinos and kids

Those of us who were born here and live here and have kids, have had at some point of time to negotiate pushchairs in Torremolinos, and believe me, it is not that bad. There are parts which are steep, but nothing that should make you avoid Torremolinos, which is in fact one of the best locations to travel with children.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,459 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Torremolinos and kids

We always go self catering so I can't comment on hotels etc but you could have a look at the reviews for info. I'm sure wherever you stay along the coast you will have a wonderful time.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Torremolinos and kids

Which part of Torremolinos where holidaymakers would go is difficult to negotiate?

It's all level from the Sol Aloha Puerto hotel [ border between Torremolinos and Benalmadena ] all the way along to the Riu Belplaya hotel going the other way .

If you want to go up into the main area of Torremolinos shops there's a lift up from the beachfront by the Hotel Melia .

Going in the opposite direction from Benalmadena marina all along the beachfront is level and as Ceejayblue says, the Paloma Park, near the Windmill roundabout, is an excellent place to be for children and adults alike.

Edited: 15 May 2013, 12:34
6. Re: Torremolinos and kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos