We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation above restaurants in La Carihuela?

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,485 posts
260 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation above restaurants in La Carihuela?

I see that some of the restaurants in the La Carihuela area offer accommodation above their restaurants. Has anyone stayed in any of these smaller type apartments and if so could they recommend one?

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,485 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Accommodation above restaurants in La Carihuela?

Ian. I see that 7 nights in the Plazamar apartments non sea view room is €220 for 7 nights in November. However the seaview room is almost double that at €440 for 7 nights. Besides the sea view is there any difference between the two apartments. Is the non sea view room really bad?

dalgety bay
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Accommodation above restaurants in La Carihuela?

Did you manage to get anything booked? I also am interested in booking a front line apartment with a nice sunny balcony in this area.... we always stay on the Marina but due to unforeseen circs had to cancel our September hols and have always fancied staying here so would be interested in any information at all to help me book. Planning to go the first two weeks in November and will hopefully get some sunshine before the Scottish winter starts....

Edited: 07 October 2013, 16:58
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,485 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Accommodation above restaurants in La Carihuela?

I checked some dates in early November and it was sold out. There is availability for mid to late November though. I am not sure that I would pay double the room price just to stay in a room with a sea view. I would welcome other views on sea view room or non sea view room.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,160 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Accommodation above restaurants in La Carihuela?

No different between the apartments, surprised so much differences on price, think only about 10% last time we booked between back and front, for us the big plus is the lift.

Will check prices on Friday with the owners.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,485 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Accommodation above restaurants in La Carihuela?

Thanks Ian. As a non lift person I hope there is a stairs as well!! Have a nice holiday.

N Ireland
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Accommodation above restaurants in La Carihuela?

Hi

We're just back and had a lovely stay at the Alegria Studios (no lift) again you can have sea or street view, spotless clean and the staff are really helpful you can get them on carihuela.com stayed at Plazamar also as Ian suggested and Casa Florido they're all very good, have you tried Booking.com? it's worth a look just to see good photos of the accommodation and reviews!! Good luck & hope you find what suits!!

dalgety bay
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Accommodation above restaurants in La Carihuela?

Thanks for all your help everyone. I'm too picky just couldn't find what I wanted, late bookings are definitely not my strength, think I'm a planner so ended up booking a villa in Lanzarote instead...LOL

Never mind, already booked to come back to Cost del Sol next April ...happy days.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,485 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Accommodation above restaurants in La Carihuela?

Ian. Did you get a chance to check those prices?

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,160 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Accommodation above restaurants in La Carihuela?

Yes rates I were given at reception were 38 euros a night for rear rooms and 44 euros for sea view.

These rates held until 22 dec then 53 euros and 63 euros, difference about same as when we booked..

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,485 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Accommodation above restaurants in La Carihuela?

Thanks for the update.