We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euro

Corby, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
212 reviews
Save Topic
Euro

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good place in Torremolinos to exchange money for the euro. Does anyone know what the rate is out there. Was looking at eurochange here and it is 1.16, not sure whether to get it at home or wait until we get there. We do have some euros but not enough for the holiday. Any advice would be good please as never been here before.

Many Thanks

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,701 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Euro

www.rubenexchange.com have an office in Torremolinos town centre and generally offer decent rates. The opening times are a little restricted though.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,365 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Euro

Their is an exchange shop opposite El Lavante restaurant in the carihuela village, rates usually on par with Rubens.

rate seems to be about 1.18 at the moment, fairfx my euro card supplier is 1.176 today, post office results have pushed up the pound.

Edited: 27 November 2013, 16:22
3. Re: Euro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 December 2013, 15:35
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
716 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Euro

When in Spain I use my Bank Debit card in a local ATM, but make sure it is in Euro and NOT converted to sterling, my bank then gives a better rate.

Last time I bought on-line in advance and collected prior to departure from Travelex at departure airport., comparison site had them as best rate.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,471 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Euro

I use my Fairfx prepaid card in the ATM and also have a Halifax Clarity card as a back up.

6. Re: Euro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos