We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4th March / 20th April or leave it until May ?

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
4th March / 20th April or leave it until May ?

I've got those choices of departures for my 2 weeks holiday stay .

Which would you choose with weather in mind ?

Airdrie, Scotland
Level Contributor
29 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4th March / 20th April or leave it until May ?

Im goin 7th of march had a look at weather and it seems like itl be 16-20 most days I would do anything for a wee break away so the choice is yours enjoy :-)

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,046 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4th March / 20th April or leave it until May ?

If i was going in April I would ensure that I was there for the week before Easter for the parades in Malaga, which these two dates miss.

Were out on the 17th March for 3 weeks and then the last 3 weeks of May. Not sure there will be very much difference in weather, a bit warmer as we end May and less rain fall.

The better weather will be the last 2 weeks of may, we normally expect rain up to the middle of May, usually not let us down.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4th March / 20th April or leave it until May ?

March date is now out completely due to something that's come up elsewhere , and I can't be there prior to the 20th April so Malaga parades are out of the question .

Really the best date to fly out is 20thApril because of home commitments but of course the weather features heavily in my choice.

Could rain until the middle of May you say ? Never been out during these months.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,046 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4th March / 20th April or leave it until May ?

When I say rain, I mean it is possible to have a shower during one day, the last rain fall before the summer draught is usually around 10 to 15th May.

Before 15th always a chance of a shower, but the weather is still very warm so it does not keep you indoors, to have less chance of rain you need to arrive mid may or later. Is not possible to forecast no rainfall in April.

The balance is the temperature will be late teens to early 20's, something not likely in the u.k.

My comments should also state that in August we have had some of the heaviest rain of our stays in CDS, thunder storms used to be the norm, now the climate so changeable dont seem to happen so often.

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
140 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4th March / 20th April or leave it until May ?

We arrive 15 March. never been quiet that early before, looked at Acu- Weather, hope its wrong as forecasts alot of rain that week.....please I need some sunshine :-))

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,046 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4th March / 20th April or leave it until May ?

We arrive on the 17th, dont panic. Weather can only be forecasted at the most 24hrs before, any further forward just a guess. Would be amazed if you did not get plenty of sunshine. We are always out at this time, last year we were sitting outside at midnight in shirt sleeves.

Truthfully we always take our light weight rainware as always the chance of a heavy shower, however, often as soon as we get on, is taken off as the sun out again. Saving grace is that the temperature is tropical for us people from the north, late teens even when raining.

If it rains even more reason to join the Spanish in either a 3 hour lunch or a 3 hour evening meal, we have often had to order another bottle of wine as still raining outside, a great excuse.

7. Re: 4th March / 20th April or leave it until May ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 07:18