We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wardrobe and storage-Apartamentos Plazamar

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Topic
Wardrobe and storage-Apartamentos Plazamar

This might sound like a frivolous question but how big are the clothes closet at PLAZAMAR? Does it have hangers? We have a room on the street side. We are going there for 23 days, traveling bagpacks so not as much clothes as with suitcases but still...

Also, do they furnish soap, toilet paper? We intend to do a small grocery before checking in and need to know the essentials to buy.

And my last question: in Torremolinos, did it really rain as much as I see online in January and up to now. (We were in Torremolinos for 28 days in 2012 and never saw any rain except in Ronda.) And if it really did rain almost everyday, was it a few hours a day, all day or mostly at night? Nobody can predict what the weather will be in March but it helps to know what it was really like in January and Feb. to be prepared mentally, lol.

Thanks to all. We are so looking forward to our trip and it's coming very fast: 2 weeks...

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,454 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wardrobe and storage-Apartamentos Plazamar

In our room on the front we had one wardrobe as we always take 3 dozen hangers cant remember this, think about 10/12, there is a lift in the apartments as well.

Yes toilet rolls and soap provided, in addition across the plaza to the right is a small fruit and veg shop which sells water, biscuits and most essential.

Apartments in a fantastic position, your apartment overlooks Casa Juans, their tapas bar is to the right of your front door, hard for me to walk past, in addition the restaurant now has a dining room on the paseo for sea views, but I still love the buzz of the plaza.

Who knows about rain, were out on the 17th which is around our usual time, we would expect rain even some heavy showers, however, the sun is soon out.. It is normal in December/January to have heavy rainfalls, often floods at this time in the Malaga area.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wardrobe and storage-Apartamentos Plazamar

We should have enough hangers, then. And I'm so grateful for that because there is no way I could add anything to my small backpack.

We chose the street view because we wanted to really feel the atmosphere of the CARIHUELA from our balcony. I take it with Casa Juan below us, we will not be loosing any weight on this vacation, lol.

As for the weather, well, we just have TLC layer and hope for the best, I guess.

Thanks so much, Ian.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wardrobe and storage-Apartamentos Plazamar

I forgot: have a very good trip!

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,454 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wardrobe and storage-Apartamentos Plazamar

Have to say we sit in casa Juans tapas bar and people watch, its the heartbeat of the village.

Enjoy your trip.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wardrobe and storage-Apartamentos Plazamar

Ian, do you mean you are there today? Lucky you. I take it the weather is nice today. Enjoy!

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,454 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wardrobe and storage-Apartamentos Plazamar

Unfortunately were not back until the 17th March, we are lucky to be able to spend 3 months a year in the Carihuela area, now I have retired. I used to have a property in the area, but cheaper and easier to have someone wait on us 24/7 nowadays.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Wardrobe and storage-Apartamentos Plazamar

Well, we will be there at the same time till the 27 of March. Would be nice to be able to meet at least once during that time. You have à pic of my husband and I so please say Hi if you see us. I will also be available thru Tripadvisor, if Wifi really works... Does it work in the rooms? Or only in certain places at PLAZAMAR as I seem to deduct from other comments?

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,454 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wardrobe and storage-Apartamentos Plazamar

If you visit Tito Juans (always voted the most authentic tapas bar in Torremolinos) a 5 minutes walk away from the Plazamar, we can be found in there most nights after 10pm. If you ask any member of staff where Ian and Christina are they will give a heads up. Juan is in his 36 year here (were both 21), great food and lovely rioja.

Not sure about wi fi at the Plazamar as only got my smart phone last year. However we stay at the Cabello which is 50 yards away by the fountain, they have wi fi in the public areas, sure if you buy a drink they will allow you to sign in. Always having breakfast outside around 10am with my nose in a newspaper, with my other half knitting, just say Hi.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
62 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wardrobe and storage-Apartamentos Plazamar

My wife and are staying at the Plazamar from Tuesday next week for four nights prior to moving on to the Cabello when they open on 1st March. We love the area and do a twice yearly trip normally in November and February / March. We have done so for the last 15 years. The Cabello is normally closed when we visit but we stayed in 2006 and loved it. In November we had a look around the Plazamar for the first time before booking and were greatly impressed by its location and cleanliness. I don't mind if we have a room on the sea side or street side, both look good. If there are any other questions you have that we can answer whilst we are there please let me know.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Wardrobe and storage-Apartamentos Plazamar

Ian, will do that if we stay awake late enough, lol. Canadians seems to go to bed earlier than Europeans. We always get up early to make a good day of it and visit lots of places but since we were there in 2012, we might take it down à bit this year and do à fée nights of tapas bars. If so, we will visit Tito Juans for sure. Are they open for lunch also?

Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos