We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Building Work at Melia Costa Del Sol

Dundee
Level Contributor
180 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Building Work at Melia Costa Del Sol

Could anyone, please advise me what date the building work at the Meila Costa Del Sol hotel should be finished on.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,357 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Building Work at Melia Costa Del Sol

Were out on the 17th, on my morning stroll will pass and ask.

Dundee
Level Contributor
180 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Building Work at Melia Costa Del Sol

Thank you Ian, what a gent.

Chicago, Illinois
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Building Work at Melia Costa Del Sol

Would like to go to Malaga Hop-on bus .... how would we get to Malaga from the Melia Costa Del Sol.... Thanks,

4. Re: Building Work at Melia Costa Del Sol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 21:14
Edited: 01 March 2014, 21:14
Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,820 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Building Work at Melia Costa Del Sol

<<Would like to go to Malaga Hop-on bus .... how would we get to Malaga from the Melia Costa Del Sol.... Thanks,>>

Walk up the little street just right of the Melia (by the ' Orange' kiosk) and climb the steps up to the lift. Take the lift (50 cents per person) - or if you are energetic climb the steps - to street level and go to the railway station in the square or walk up to the main street and take a bus into Malaga. In Malaga there are various HOHO bus stops - the easiest is just by the port gates.

Train every 20 minutes into Malaga - stay on until the end of the line (Alameda station) - buses also every 20 minutes or so and these actually terminate at the Port gates.

The Melia is a great hotel - we stayed there with friends just before Christmas and had a wonderful time. Enjoy!

P.S. Don' t know what building work is going on at the Melia - certainly nothing happening in mid-December.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,357 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Building Work at Melia Costa Del Sol

DBD: Passed the Melia yesterday. They are recladding the facia of the building. Looks complete other than the ground floor. Apart from when sandblasting not dirty work. If groundfloor last area would say complete in next month. Currant work would not be an issue for me if staying in the hotel.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Building Work at Melia Costa Del Sol

Thanks for coming back and sharing the info Ian - true to your word you said you would investigate - our roving reporter on the ground.

Hope the weather is good, warmer than the UK I suspect - we've hit a cool patch at the moment with not much brightness :(

England
Level Contributor
401 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Building Work at Melia Costa Del Sol

We have just come back and as Ian says, they are on with cladding the lower part of the exterior of the building. However, I'd say it's far from finished. They have fixed the brackets to the wall (the noisy part of the job) and were on with the framing - not far off complete.

They will then need to fix all the cladding panels to the framing. So I'd guess that it will be a good few weeks yet.

That said, it shouldn't detract from using the hotel and I wouldn't let it put me off going there.

The weather for the 2 weeks we were there was great - no rain at all, a few slightly cloudy days and generally very warm. Have a good time!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Building Work at Melia Costa Del Sol

Hi could anybody tell me if they think the building work at the melia costa del sol is likely to be completed by the beginning of june? thanks

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,357 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Building Work at Melia Costa Del Sol

Pasxed on Friday, I would say 90% of the cladding work complete, would be surprised not finished this month, wii check in a couple of weeks