We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Sol Principe - with 1.5 year old

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
135 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Sol Principe - with 1.5 year old

Good morning - we are planning a week away in May and are staying at the Hotel Sol Principle. We are bringing our 18 month son. I was just wondering has anyone stayed here before with young children,. While the outdoor area seems to cater well for children, I am wondering about the room facilities. Is there a fridge? I have seen some reviews that say there is no kettle - would it be possible to request one ?? Is there a supermarket nearby that we can buy essentials such as nappies ??

Also is it far to walk to Belemadena from the hotel ? ?

Any advice or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance :) !

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
10,811 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Sol Principe - with 1.5 year old

Sugget you contact hotel re fridge anc kettle in thd room.

Its about a 45 minute walk to benalmadena marina or the 123 bus in 10 minutes.

A number of large supermarkets in torremolinos centre, some smaller local ones may havd your needs

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Sol Principe - with 1.5 year old

I've stayed in the apartments around the pool are with children in the past. We had a kettle and toaster. It's a lovely complex.

There's a super market on the main road across from the front of the hotel and also a lovely bakery. Tis quite a walk to Benalmadena, do you know where you want to walk to? My self and my DH walked from the Marina as far as Principito Sol in October and it took 45-50 minutes, and we weren't strolling really.

shropshire uk
Level Contributor
426 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Sol Principe - with 1.5 year old

Nappies are very expensive in Spain and not as good quality, they are ok for emergencies .

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,090 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Sol Principe - with 1.5 year old

There's a Mercadona supermarket nearby which will have all the kiddy requisites (Pampers etc.).

ireland
Level Contributor
135 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Sol Principe - with 1.5 year old

Thanks so much for all the replies which are really helpful. I will definitely contact the hotel in advance about a kettle and fridge.

Irishgirl069 - I was thinking that it would be nice to take a stroll into Benlamedena - I had heard there was a nice walkway from torremolinos to benlendena and that there was a lovely marina there. I dont mind walking for an hour if its a nice walk and worth the visit - would you recommend?

Thanks again everyone :) !

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Sol Principe - with 1.5 year old

barbs would definitely recommend the stroll around the headland into La Carihuela, then into Montemar and finally you'll hit the Marina - all on the Paseo (promenade) so easy on foot and with a buggy (if you have one) and lovely stretch of beach all the way from start to finish..... plenty of nice places, Chiringuito's (beach cafe's) to stop off on the way there/back if you wanted to :)

ireland
Level Contributor
135 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Sol Principe - with 1.5 year old

Thanks MKB - will definitely check it out - cant wait now :)

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Sol Principe - with 1.5 year old

You're welcome... You'll have a great time I'm sure... feel free to post back on your return and let us know how your holiday went - always nice to get feedback :)

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Sol Principe - with 1.5 year old

Well the walk is long, it's all along the beachfront and once you reach the cliff, and hit the Carihuela it's off road, which I like :-)

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
10,811 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Sol Principe - with 1.5 year old

Round the headland and on the carihuela paseo the police on segways and motor bikes have been stopping cyclist, skate boaders who are now banned. In addition they have removed all the luckly lucky men, who are all around the burger king in Benalmadena.

They must have made a fortune in fines, great to see, keeps us all safe