We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bonobus tickets

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bonobus tickets

Hi Everyone,

Could anyone tell me where to buy a bonobos ticket from please? and what bus would i get from The bus station to Los Alomos.? And also how often do these buses run?

Thanks

David

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bonobus tickets

Hi David

This should help you: www.torremolinos-hoy.org.uk/index.php…

I think this is the line you need: http://www.ctmam.es/lineas/M-123

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bonobus tickets

Thanks very much for the information.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
468 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bonobus tickets

Bonobus tickets are blocks of 10 tickets (much cheaper than single tickets) only usable on buses L1 and L2 in Torremolinos. They can be bought in the Portillo office opposite the old bus station in the centre of town where these buses terminate. They are not valid on ctmam lines. For these you can buy a green ctmam card in Malaga tabac shops, at the Airport or at Tabac shops in Benalmadena (one opposite SuperSol) or at Kiosk outside the tourist office in Benalmadena. They are not available to purchase in Torremolinos. The green card costs about €2 and you then add a balance to cover the journeys you intend to make, you can top-up in any of the above tabacs. One card can be used to buy tickets for all of a group of people, currently the card is charged €1.08 per journey, the pay on bus fare is €1.55 so considerable savings. Plus any balance remaining can be used on your next visit.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bonobus tickets

joxxer, not sure if you noticed but all the information is contained in the 1st link I provided :)

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bonobus tickets

Thanks very much for you detailed response.

Level Contributor
40 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bonobus tickets

If there are two of us, can we buy one book of Bonobus tickets(10) and share the booklet, or do we both have to buy a booklet?

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,652 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bonobus tickets

The buses to Los Alamos are principally the 110 but both the 123 and the 128 stop here. The 110 goes about 3 times and hour (sometimes 4) but for the others the timetable is useful as a vague guide.

The 110 stops on the main road by the Repsol petrol station (going to Málaga direction) and on the opposite side, coming from Málaga stops just after the turn off for Benalmadena on the main road.

You will have to check out the bus stops for the others because they are not marked in any way on the ground.

Having said all that we hardly ever use the bus. Los Álamos Cercanias station is most convenient for the three hotels here and the timings are precise. The buses hardly go anywhere the train doesn't unless you are heading for Benalmadena Costa.

Just familiarise yourself with the way the ticket machine works and expect to wait about ten minutes to buy a ticket at this time of the year if you are using it at a popular time. I have counted 60 in the queue waiting to buy a ticket and nobody knows how the machine works! (well they were French)

liverpool uk
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bonobus tickets

Hi There, you can buy one bonobus ticket for a couple of people or more to use. each ticket has 10 boxes and all the driver does is cross of the amount of people using the ticket. Its so easy to use and much cheaper than the train. I used it 2 weeks ago to go to los alomos every day and it works out about 67 cents per journey. I very rarely got the train as bus is nice and easy.

burney

Level Contributor
40 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bonobus tickets

Thank you very much for the information, Burney.

Is it possible to buy the Bonobus ticket for 10 journeys on boarding the bus from the driver, or is it necessary to go to the Portillo office mentioned above by joxxer in order to buy one? I looked on Google Earth but although the bus station appeared to be boarded up and disused I could not see the Portillo office, perhaps the imagery is not up to date.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,610 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bonobus tickets

You have to go to the bus station - the office is on the other side of the road. What was a lovely old-skool bus station closed for refurb in '08 and then La Crisis intervened.

Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos