We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

torramolinos promanade

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
torramolinos promanade

is there a esculater up to town for us cabbage heads

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
10,906 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: torramolinos promanade

Yes there is. If you locate Hostal Guadalupe on a map, you turn of the front at this point, Kiosk and large Orange on the footpath at this point.

Walk up past the Hostal in 100 yards green garage door is front of you, take the stairs to the left, the lift is 30 yards in front.

Costs 50 cents each and if your at the bottom you need to press the button to call the lift down.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: torramolinos promanade

Ian, is it still operating? I read from a local the other day that there had been a problem with it and the Ayuntamiento had closed it citing it was not financially viable.

I will not comment on other things mentioned suffice to say not everything is "declared" (apparently) - which would obviously provide inaccurate figures to the Ayuntamiento..... I will try and speak to my friend and find out what has happened, but if you saw it in operation when you were there it would be handy to know.

Thanks.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
10,906 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: torramolinos promanade

yes we used it nearly every day up to the 9th of this month on our recent trip, have to say was well used when we were there, they give a numbered ticket as well, so should be easy to work out revenue.

Back on the 6th, will check out.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,515 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: torramolinos promanade

I don't understand the expression 'cabbage heads' but you should be clear that there are 14 steps up to the lift from street level so if these present a problem you have a long and rather dangerous detour.

I have never heard of a problem with the lift operating, which it does to 9 o'clock now and 12 in the summer.

Ticketing is done by AMIFTO, the local disabled charity and I am sure that everyone who has been on the lift has seen people handing over money and not receiving a ticket

Lincoln, England...
Level Contributor
80 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: torramolinos promanade

we used the lift in february ,50 cents per person not hard to get to at all

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: torramolinos promanade

sorry not cabbage heads cauliflower heads sorry 75 i make mistakes

r

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: torramolinos promanade

torramolinos promanade should have said coliflower heads 75 years old that nickname for us oldies

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: torramolinos promanade

torramolinos promanade should have said coliflower heads 75 years old that nickname for us oldies

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: torramolinos promanade

thank you all for your replys will be a blessing if there is

belfast
Level Contributor
410 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: torramolinos promanade

Junie, I'm not sure where you are staying but it should be noted that the elevator mentioned is in the Bajondillo area of Torremolinos. If you are at the other end of the resort, closer to Benamádena for example, then it is quite a long walk away. My mum is in her 70s and it would take her around an hour to walk this distance.

Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos