We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Sol/Melia hotel with easy access

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
124 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Which Sol/Melia hotel with easy access

Hi,

I am traveling with my mom for a much deserved break in July. Unfortunately, my mom has arthritis in both her knees and can't do stairs or long distances well. However, we would like a 4-5 star hotel in the area, beach side. I like the Sol hotels, but I am unable to find a map of the complex to figure out how much walking she would have to do from each one. The Melia Costa del Sol looks promising too. Any recommendations? Other hotels that I should look at? Much appreciated!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,289 posts
3,494 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Sol/Melia hotel with easy access

nath:

The Melia Costa del Sol is right on the beach and is one of the best hotels in Torremolinos.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,092 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Sol/Melia hotel with easy access

The Melia isn't in an area that has much that's easy to reach for someone with mobility problems.

As far as the Sol hotels go then look at the Sol Aloha Puerto, it's on the flat, right by the beach, with lots going on nearby (Marina etc.).

Another hotel well worthy looking at would be the Hotel Amaragua in La Carihuela - this was a favourite of my Ma's, who had similar mobility issues, a flat short walk to the village with all its restaurants and shops and again right on the beach.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
124 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Sol/Melia hotel with easy access

Thanks so much for both your comments. I'll look into all...

Ballylickey, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Sol/Melia hotel with easy access

Ditto on the Arthitis Issue with your Mum. My wife and I stay in Sol Don Marco in Torremolinos as it has an older clientele with easy acess around the hotel. These are numerous good affordable beach restaurants all within walking distance with plenty of seating to rest weary limbs. I hire an electric scooter, on each visit ( €40 for three days) and go everywhere in comfort.

A three hotel complex with lovely gardens with plenty of places to relax. staff are particularily empathetic with "people with reduced mobility"

would highly recommend this Company.

DMC121

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
124 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Sol/Melia hotel with easy access

What company do you rent the scooter from?

Ballylickey, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Sol/Melia hotel with easy access

You are very welcome. Enjoy your vacation.

Ballylickey, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Sol/Melia hotel with easy access

www.pushandgo.es

A great lady called Christelle looked after me with great courtesy and empathy.

Enjoy.

DMC121

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
124 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Sol/Melia hotel with easy access

Thanks!!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Sol/Melia hotel with easy access

I support NoSoyGuirus post. The Melia isn't an area I would choose. Sol Aloha Puerto in a better position by far.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
10,811 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Sol/Melia hotel with easy access

Sol Costa del sol still have work on the external cladding ongoing, has been in ongoing since our March visit.

Very limited public transport service from this hotel, the local L2 only passes on infrequent runs.

The local bus L1 stops outside the Aloha Puerto so a big plus, in addition you have the marina 100 yards away and the flat paseo.

Would add the Rui Nautilus to your list is a flat exit onto the paseo from the hotel and again the bus stops outside.