We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car parks (and also rental)

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gliwice, Poland
3 posts
Save Topic
Car parks (and also rental)

I'm travelling to Torremolinos on Friday. I'll be there for one week and I was hoping to hire a car on the aiport for - also for one week (when I checked it seems that the taxi cost would be the same as car hire).

However, I have a few issues I cannot solve - I've tried the official way (e-mails to tourist information etc) and there was no reply for 2 weeks from them.

So - what is the parking situation in Torremolinos? I'm staying in a hotel that has no parking spots. Looking at google maps all the roads are quite narrow so I guess the car would not fit there for a night ;) Does anyone have any guidelines what to look for (I've already heard about blue and yellow lines but if anyone has some more infor I'd also like to hear about that)?

I've heard you can try parking along the seafront.. is that safe?

Also, are there any suggestions about car hire? I;m tempted to use goldCar with their additional insurance coverage. Is there any other small print to look out for as I'm willing to go to Gibraltar?

Any help would be really aprreciated and welcome as I'm actually stuck on this topic - I was hoping to get some info from the officials but it seems it did not work out. I've also tried googling but could not find a reasonable and clear anwser for my problems.

Regards,

Jerry

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,201 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car parks (and also rental)

Hi Jerry,

Which hotel are you staying in?

If you are going to Gibraltar you need to check that the insurance covers this (some do, some don't) - it's no big deal if not, just leave the car in La Linea and walk across.

Gliwice, Poland
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car parks (and also rental)

Hi,

thanks for reply - I'm staying at the Natursun hotel.

Fo the rental - I've already checked the car hire company for Gibraltar and they seem fine with that. Looking at the map I think I'd however do what you suggested - park on the Spanish side and walk over.

Edited: 28 May 2014, 12:12
Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,201 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car parks (and also rental)

The Natursun is a great hotel, parking around there is a bit difficult but not impossible. It might be worth asking them whether they have a deal with the underground car park just along the main road.

Gliwice, Poland
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Car parks (and also rental)

I've asked the hotel and only got a reply that it costs 10EUR a day to park (they did not specify where the car park was) and that there are free car parks. That's all the info I was able to get from them :/

Underground parking ... great! that's some interesting info - do you know anything more about it? Is there a name for it - or the prices? I could try gooling it somewhere. I guess it was probably the one they were talking about?

I found a car park ( parkingisabelmanoja.jimdo.com ) for 40EUR a week which seems a fair deal compared to 10EUR a day but still I didn't get any further with info where to park and what's the situation about it. And I'm not sure how far it is from the hotel ;)

Of course I would not mind finiding a free car park if possible :)

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
10,894 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car parks (and also rental)

Across the road is hotel las palomas, if you drive down this road and follow the road to the right is a public car park (on the left just round the corner) that people who use our hotel leave cars overnight, if you continue on this road and take the next right this brings you to the under ground car park.

In addition if you turn left and the bottom of this road alongside Las palomas is plenty of off street car parking, this is where I park for free on every trip we make, just avoid the area around 3 in the afternoon as schools in the area and parents collecting children. If you return the car around 5pm plenty of parking. Just forget on a week end, I never move car from Friday PM until Monday morning, hopeless to get a space.

6. Re: Car parks (and also rental)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2015, 05:16