We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Copa

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
La Copa

I read a while back on here that La Copa had changed hands. I was so disappointed, I loved the place.

Any news on the new place? Has it changed much etc?

I just can't imagine a holiday in La Carihuela without a few lunchtimes spent trying to decipher La Copa's menu del dia and eventually giving up and taking whatever they serve us!

Thanks

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Copa

Yes John it has changed hands, opened under new Manager last Month, now has some live music there, last reports were its not doing to well...means more customers for Tito Juans I expect..x

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Copa

Thanks Rosebush. I don't know if Tito Juan could take any more customers tho!

I heard there's a nice Spanish place recently opened just up the stairs from Tito's. By "live music" in La Copa, I'm guessing it's not Spanish live music. I am right?

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Copa

The live music won't last long...they haven't got a licence for it.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,459 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Copa

la Copa is under new management but closed half way through May and was still closed when we left.

Juan has now put a canopy over the footpath all the way up past his house with lighting etc. tables both sides and had four people working the outside when we were there, Juan said he would increase staff in summer months. Have to say late May impossible to get an outside table after 9pm.

Lunch times just manic, Juan and his brother in charge outside, the girls running inside.

Not sure he got many of old Copa customers, the majority used to go for the football, including Juan, most of the old customers I know, no seem to be in Los Gaviotas on the paseo.

5. Re: La Copa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos