We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Riu Costa Lago with an 11 month old...

Glasgow
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Riu Costa Lago with an 11 month old...

Hi can anyone please advise if this hotel offers a travelcot\cot in the room? Also is the hotel generally suitable for babies? First family holiday (Aug) and very nervous! Thanks for any advice. Julie

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Riu Costa Lago with an 11 month old...

Just be aware that August can be stifling hot for adults, let alone for babies :( Up to 40 degrees some days and relentless at night time.... so hope you can get some shelter/air con and coolness for the little one.

As for Travel Cot, have you tried contacting the Hotel direct, as you may need to reserve one if they have them available.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Riu Costa Lago with an 11 month old...

Its the only time we can go unfortunately.... Emailed a few weeks ago no reply as yet.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Riu Costa Lago with an 11 month old...

Oh, that's pretty bad form.... lemme have a go in Spanish for you... I'll post back when (or if) I get a response.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Riu Costa Lago with an 11 month old...

That's so kind, thank you so much! :)

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Riu Costa Lago with an 11 month old...

You're welcome, I've not heard anything back yet - I'll give them until lunchtime and mail them again - I can't stand bad customer service, they should have replied by now!!

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Riu Costa Lago with an 11 month old...

Well, excellent stuff - just got an email back and it basically says no problem, the cot is free, you just need to notify them when booking or on arrival and they'll sort it out for you.

So best thing to do is when you check in at the desk ask them for one then - presumably they speak fluent English, but if not ask them for a "cuna" :)

Glasgow
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Riu Costa Lago with an 11 month old...

You're a star - thanks so much! x

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Riu Costa Lago with an 11 month old...

You're more than welcome :)

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,163 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Riu Costa Lago with an 11 month old...

Your hotel is just off the front, which is a walk of a minute away. Along the paseo are seats under cover that give shade and are well used to get a break form the sun. In addition beach bars every 50 yards so plenty of places to escape the heat.

Your hotel part of a very reputable change and this hotel is offered for family use.

In addition it is a very short distance from the airport, even if your coach drops off at two or three other hotels still going to take under 30 minutes.

A taxi or the bus direct from the airport will take less then 15 minutes.

10. Re: Hotel Riu Costa Lago with an 11 month old...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 05:16