We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tangier trip

richmond va
Level Contributor
285 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Tangier trip

I am very anxious to take a day trip to Tangier. Unfortunately, the only day I can go is a Monday, June 30. The agencies I can locate do not run trips on Mondays. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks!

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tangier trip

You can get the bus to Algeciras and then the ferry across.

Bus takes 2hrs 40 minutes.... not sure how long the crossing is.

Bus times are here: avanzabus.com/web/archivos/base/File/Horario…

Ferry times are here: http://www.frs.es/ they also have info on their organised day trip on the site.

Must admit it's a long old day :(

Edited: 23 June 2014, 07:54
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,238 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tangier trip

During the summer there is a phenomenon called "Operación Paso del Estrecho" when the police and civil protection services anticipate vast numbers of Moroccans coming down from all over Europe to cross the Straits in order to enjoy time with their families during the annual summer vacations. Think the main build up is July and August. Also the religious fests surrounding Ramadan can affect numbers travelling. I believe that Ramadan starts at end of June.

My advice is to think of somewhere else to visit on that day. But if you are intent on doing the trip get down to Tarifa the night before and use the short ferry hop over to Tanger Ville using FRS. and take the first ferry out.

3. Re: Tangier trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 06:16