We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice hotel to stay for couple in mid 20's

Dublin, Dublin...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nice hotel to stay for couple in mid 20's

Hey all looking for some advice on hotels that are in the benalmedina end of torremolinos or vice versa.. We want to be close enough to the night life and maybe the Marina/ beach... Looking for 1 bedroom apartment if possible.. Not looking to spend a fortune but dont wanna do it on the cheap.. Really love the pool on a sun holiday so a big and nice pool is a must really.. I stayed here when I was a teenager a couple of times in Ecuador park and sol Timor they both seem to have taken a nose dive and gone down hill from pics and reviews.. All help greatly appreciated.. TIA x

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,117 posts
3,577 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice hotel to stay for couple in mid 20's

Terri:

A good hotel in Torremolinos is the Melia Costa del Sol. It is on the beach and you can walk up to the main shopping street, Calle San Miguel. There are 40 or more inexpensive seaside restaurants on the beach.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
264 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice hotel to stay for couple in mid 20's

It depends when you want this holiday too

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
469 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice hotel to stay for couple in mid 20's

The Sol Aloha next door to the Timor is 4Star and all rooms have bedroom and lounge. Timor is really not bad, the grounds and pool are very good. Both are close to the Marina.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,714 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice hotel to stay for couple in mid 20's

The melia Hotel is a long way from where you want to be and has a pool not much larger than a pocket handkerchief so not, I think for you.

But not my side of town so can't help any more. Sorry

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice hotel to stay for couple in mid 20's

The Melia CDS is not a good recommendation at all. I'd go for the RIU NAUTILUS as it's 'adults only' (no, Maaaatron, not in that way) and had a mega refurb last year. B & B though, so many excellent chiringuitos nearby for other meals.

belfast
Level Contributor
410 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice hotel to stay for couple in mid 20's

Sol Aloha Puerto is a great hotel and would seem to tick all your boxes. Right on promenade on border with Benalmádena and a marina view from higher floors in block 3. You have a good size bedroom and bathroom and a large fully furnished living room. The hotel is absolutely spotless with a good buffet restaurant although I tend to go B&B as there are lots of great restaurants in this area.

If you decide on this hotel I'd recommend booking directly with Meliá International where you can sign up for a loyalty card which entitles you to amass points which you can exchange for free nights and also gives you access to special offers. I don't know if this offer is still available but when I booked earlier this year for my September holiday I got free airport to hotel transport.

7. Re: Nice hotel to stay for couple in mid 20's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2015, 05:16