We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Costa Lago, do i need trousers??

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Costa Lago, do i need trousers??

We are staying at the Riu Costa Lago in October and wondered as with some AI hotels they have rules saying guests need to where trousers for the evening meal. Is this the case for the Costa Lago or will I be alright with shorts in the restaurant?

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Costa Lago, do i need trousers??

Most seem to be OK with shorts for breakfast but insist on smart jeans/trousers for dinner.

If you're still not sure then you can always contact them ahead of time and ask.... then you'll know for certain :)

grimsby lincs
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Costa Lago, do i need trousers??

the riu costa website says formal dress for dinner(long trousers for men) but I tend to wonder whether anyone would think it ok to walk into a 4 star hotel restaurant at home, I think not. The restaurants tend to be air conditioned so the heat is not a problem whilst dining and why not change in to shorts afterwards.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,470 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Costa Lago, do i need trousers??

Quite right Tuts and anyway, you'll look a complete prat if you wear shorts in the evening in October. Daytime maybe, just about, but certainly not in the evening.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,597 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Costa Lago, do i need trousers??

As a general rule if you want to dress in shorts for dinner stay in a three star hotel. In a four star higher standards apply.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,046 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Costa Lago, do i need trousers??

Courtesy to your fellow diners in my book says you wear trousers whatever the star rating of the place, be it 1 star or 5 star. For some people dining in a 1 star establishment is their Ritz experience, should not be spoilt by people who think there dining on the beach.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
379 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Costa Lago, do i need trousers??

You have to wear a t.shirt or shirt for lunch no vest tops

Edited: 03 August 2014, 17:39
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
379 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Costa Lago, do i need trousers??

I stayed there January and was asked to wear long trousers

8. Re: Riu Costa Lago, do i need trousers??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 23:06
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu Costa Lago, do i need trousers??

will Jeans be ok for the restaurant??

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
379 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Riu Costa Lago, do i need trousers??

Hi i wore jeans for the evening meal but they are very strict and may have changed since jan when we stayed