We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Don Pedro vs Sol Don Pablo vs Sol Don Marco

montreal, canada
Level Contributor
317 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sol Don Pedro vs Sol Don Pablo vs Sol Don Marco

We have Melia points to use and all 3 locations will cost us the same amount of points.

I understand they are shared properties - would there be any preference or deciding factor that can help us decide? We are in early 30's.

As per TA reviews, Marco is the highest rated...however I'm not particularly sold from the pics.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
397 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol Don Pedro vs Sol Don Pablo vs Sol Don Marco

Hi the marco is the most modern of the 3 and you have the choice of the pablo or pedro restaurants and can use the facilities of all 3 we have stayed in the pedro lots of times and 3 times in the marco not stayed in the pablo as yet but prefare the marcos rooms

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
397 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol Don Pedro vs Sol Don Pablo vs Sol Don Marco

Hi the marco is the most modern of the 3 and you have the choice of the pablo or pedro restaurants and can use the facilities of all 3 we have stayed in the pedro lots of times and 3 times in the marco not stayed in the pablo as yet but prefare the marcos rooms

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
778 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sol Don Pedro vs Sol Don Pablo vs Sol Don Marco

I will put in in simple terms, The Pedro is the cheapest of the three hotels, They are all as basic as each other, I can not figure out the price difference regarding paying Marco prices when dining in the Pedro dining hall, From experience I would go with the cheapest which would be the Pedro, It would be a waste of money if you were to stay in the Pablo or Marco , I am guessing the Pablo is 100.00 euro more than the Pedro and the Marco is 200.00 euro more, The facilities are open to all guests which is why we choose the Pedro, For what is it worth we found the Pedro to more personal and private, A one minute walk takes you up to the shows on the Don Pablo , Enjoy.

Hello nextstopspain,

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
397 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sol Don Pedro vs Sol Don Pablo vs Sol Don Marco

Agree with you there cumnor about the pedro being the cheapest thats the reason we usualy stay there but last oct the marco was coming in at the same price so we stayed there as the rooms are much nicer plus we usualy end up looking over the car park in the pedro but dont think it matters much to the op as they said have points and same amount for all 3 hotels

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sol Don Pedro vs Sol Don Pablo vs Sol Don Marco

We always stay in the Pablo, high floor facing the marina as close to the promenade as possible . Depends on what you want , we want to sit out on the balcony in the sunshine enjoying the view .

wales
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sol Don Pedro vs Sol Don Pablo vs Sol Don Marco

I would stay in the Don Marco or Don Pablo .

catherine

belfast
Level Contributor
410 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sol Don Pedro vs Sol Don Pablo vs Sol Don Marco

I'd go for Don Pablo, rooms aren't massive but are very comfortable. If you want sun on your balcony in the afternoon ask for a room overlooking the bowling green rather than the entertainment area.

montreal, canada
Level Contributor
317 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sol Don Pedro vs Sol Don Pablo vs Sol Don Marco

Thank you all so much for your feedback.

All options will cost us the same points. We went ahead with newer room (marco).

9. Re: Sol Don Pedro vs Sol Don Pablo vs Sol Don Marco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 07:16