We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking For Apartment For 6 Month Rental

Scotland
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Looking For Apartment For 6 Month Rental

I'm looking to rent a 1/2 bed apartment in Torrelominos for 6 months, October until March if possible.

I'm not having much luck, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places!

Can anyone advise me where to look please.

Thanks.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking For Apartment For 6 Month Rental

Hi there

You'll get a holiday rental for that long but of course it will cost a fortune. The other option is Long Term Rental but is usually legally bound on an 11 month contract, with 2 months up front as deposit and 1 month rental in advance.

However, some people are flexible, it really depends if you want to run the risk of renting from someone without a contract or whether you want to pay for 11 months and lose 5 !

Just use Google to search it should yield pages of results for you... failing that, for private rentals then try the Sur In English which is the best publication on the CDS for such classified ads - again - Google will be your friend :)

Good luck.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,895 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking For Apartment For 6 Month Rental

Try www.holidaylettings.co.uk or www.ownersdirect.com although they are principally holiday letting websites some owners do advertise who will take on people for longer lets so it might be worth asking some of them.

torremolinos
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking For Apartment For 6 Month Rental

If you pm me your details I can pass your request on to my agent in Torremolinos .

They do rentals, you can contact them direct or I will be in town next monday

Mentioned in this post
Torremolinos
Torremolinos
Costa del Sol, Spain
UK
Level Contributor
66 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking For Apartment For 6 Month Rental

Hi,

Your timing for a 6 month rental is perfect. Such rentals are called 'winter rentals' or 'winter lets'. They are very common, therefore, you will easily be able to find accommodation to rent on the CDS for 6 months during this quiet season and that's without paying a premium!

Had you been looking to rent for the other 6 months of the year things would have been very different, due to being high season and demand from short term lettings.

Search on Kyero, Enalquiler, Idealista & contact local real estate agents asking for a 'winter let'. I would have provided individual links to each site but I wrote a post yesterday which included links which disappeared shortly afterwards so I presume links out with Trip Advisor are not allowed.

:)

UK
Level Contributor
66 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking For Apartment For 6 Month Rental

Example near by:

kyero.com/property/2534028-apartment-long-te…

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,895 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking For Apartment For 6 Month Rental

Links are fine Vegetarian Bulldog, as long as they are not advertising a company that you are connected to. Recommendations from members who have used businesses is fine but self-promotion and advertising are against TA guidelines.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking For Apartment For 6 Month Rental

I am not "certain" however I am pretty sure that to qualify for a holiday let it has to be a certain period (much less than 6 months) and then it would be a Long Term Let which means an 11 month contract - this is the law.

I will try and find out more information but whilst yes, the rates are less in the winter, I am sure that's on a week by week basis but you wouldn't be able to rent somewhere for the full 6 months as it would come under the "long term" umbrella so would run into the 11 month contract rule.

It's worth finding out or you could end up severely out of pocket and end up stranded with nowhere as you legally wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

As I say, I'll try and find out for definite.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking For Apartment For 6 Month Rental

Actually, I've just found some current info.

There is now a Short Term rental period available for up to six months which is great (as from late last year) but I would still recommend a contract. Holiday lets are as I thought (less than 6 months) - up to 3 months.

Hope that makes things a little clearer.

9. Re: Looking For Apartment For 6 Month Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2015, 05:16