We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Cervantes

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
322 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Cervantes

We've just booked flights ( myself & wife) for 6th to 13th June. We have nearly decided on hotel Cervantes based on price and reviews. Slightly worried that it might be a noisy area being so close san Miguel street. Any advice very welcome.

Also looking at Roc Lago and Royal Al Andalus

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Cervantes

Cervantes - although in a good position - is rather dated now and not, in my opinion, worthy of its 4 star rating.

Of the 3 hotels you mention I would consider the Roc Largo.

Roc Flamingo is also a good 3 star bet.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
459 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Cervantes

I strongly recommend the Melia Costa del Sol. It's across the street from the beach & an easy walk to town.

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Cervantes

Meant to add we now always stay at the Don Marco on Bajondillo Beach below the Cervantes. Part of the 3 hotel Don Hotels complex (Don Marco 4 star, Don Pablo 4 star and Don Pedro 3 star). You can use the facilities of all 3 hotels - linked together by very pretty gardens - including 9 pools, 2 jacuzzis, indoor pool, gym + 2 separate nightly entertainment venues. Don Pablo + Don Pedro more family orientated whereas the Don Marco caters for couples. See www.solmelia.com

Quiet beachfront location yet only 5 minutes acess to town centre via the lift - 50 cents per ride - or 10 minutes via the steps.

Used to stay at the Melia Costa del Sol as previous poster suggests until we found the Don Marco - Melia Costa del Sol more impersonal (used by air crew, businessmen etc.)

Ireland
Level Contributor
322 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Cervantes

Thanks for the replys folks. Stayed at the Don Marco last year after getting approval from Casaianda. Had a great time and its a loveley hotel.

Would just like to stay somewhere else this time.

Melia looks nice but it slightly more than I want to pay. Cervantes with alfarooms is €417.00 B & B for one week, €473.00 half board.

Reviews and position is what attracts me, although I am now having second thoughts. You did not give any view on Royal al Andulus. Do you know anything about it?

Cheers

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Cervantes

Haven´t stayed at the Royal Andalus but friends of ours who have didn´t rate it as very noisy young crowd stay there.

We really enjoyed the 3 stays we had at the Roc Flamingo - a little dated but excellent food for a 3 star hotel. Great value All Inclusive option.

Ireland
Level Contributor
322 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Cervantes

Are the Roc Lago and Roc Flamingo part of the same group? Also could you tell roughly where they are relative to Torremolinos/Benalmadena

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Cervantes

Yes - both members of the Roc group.

The Roc Lago is at Carihuela - where all the seafood restaurants are midway between Torrremolinos and Benalmadena. The Roc Flamingo is just off the main street in Torremolinos centre.

8. Re: Hotel Cervantes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 10:19