We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early morning taxi to airport from city center

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Early morning taxi to airport from city center

We plan to book an early morning flight to Madrid from Granada at 7 in the morning. Assuming that I would be staying somewhere close to the city center what time should I leave for the airport? Will I get a taxi? How much would it cost? Please can someone guide us? Much obliged.

England
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Early morning taxi to airport from city center

If you are staying in the city, you should not have a problem getting a taxi. I have recently stayed at the Hotel Carmen, very good and 4 star, got a good deal on that. That is near to the Peurta Real, a main thoroughfare and somewhere very easy to get a taxi. The trip to the airport by taxi is about 20/30 mins depending on traffic.When you will be leaving traffic should be at a minimum, make sure you get a price for the taxi when you get in though. You will have to leave quite early if your flying at 7 am. I would suggest leaving at around 5am, you should get to the airport and be able to check in comfortably. It is a pity the airport bus is not running at that time.

Hope this helps.

Coral Gables...
Level Contributor
79 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early morning taxi to airport from city center

You should arrange for a taxi with the hotel's front desk the evening before you depart. They will be there to pick you up at the appointed hour. Granada's airport is about 12 km from the city center, taxi from our hotel near the Plaza Nueva recently cost us 30 Euros.

Spain
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Early morning taxi to airport from city center

You can't book a taxi in Granada but once you phone to order one they arrive within a few minutes.There is a fixed price for the journey from the town to the airport.

4. Re: Early morning taxi to airport from city center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 22:15