We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy saffron?

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,335 posts
673 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy saffron?

Where are the best places to purchase saffron? Any suggestions near LeMeridian. Are there any other food product local to the area?

Special Offer
Granada, Skip-the-Line Alhambra...
621 Reviews
from US$144.10*
US$180.10
Alhambra and Generalife Small-Group...
233 Reviews
from US$57.50*
Private 3-hour Tour to Alhambra
8 Reviews
from US$123.80*
Alhambra and Generalife Private...
158 Reviews
from US$83.80*
UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy saffron?

Around the cathedral are stalls selling all sorts of herbs & spices. The smells are amazing!

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,335 posts
673 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy saffron?

Thanks so much for the recommendation!

palmones
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy saffron?

Dear Nikk04me

Be aware that saffron is not always saffron but a mix the price shousd be around 10-12 euros for 0.5 gr !!! if not is not a bargain is just fake or half fake saffron

May I recommand you if you like this spyce to go to France next time in oct I guess and stay at Jardin de bacchus - Tavel a tiny B&B that organize saffron stays. Bases on visit of a farm pick up of flowers, ... and cookery workshop based on saffron from starters to dessert

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,335 posts
673 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy saffron?

Ingenerik,

Besides price, can you see the difference in the product or is it too difficult? Thank you very much for the information.

Nikko4me

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,953 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to buy saffron?

Info on authentic saffron from La Mancha:

www.doazafrandelamancha.com/defaulten.html

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,335 posts
673 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to buy saffron?

Thanks so much for the information on saffron!!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,446 posts
2,106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to buy saffron?

I too saw the stuff for sale around the cathedral in Granada. Very cheap but I was sceptical. You would be aware that good saffron costs more per ounce than some other exotic urban stuff!!!!

I bought it at the airport shop in Granada on my return back to the UK.

I note that other people have said buy it from here or there. In the UK, saffron is popular with asian people who use it in cooking. The shops that sell it in the UK, their saffron comes from Spain.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
france
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to buy saffron?

dear prestontraveller

you said the price of saffron is cheap in granada please tell me the address and the price

a mauritian in france

9. Re: Where to buy saffron?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 05:23